AV receiver custom duty

balabemct

Hi all
Am staying in lagos.i bought denon AVR 2400 H receiver valuing 800 usd. I want to take it to india in checked lugguage. Is there any tax to pay for customs.I am NRI travelling to india after 10 months plsese guide me

An Indian passenger who has been residing abroad for over one year is allowed to bring jewellery, free of duty in his bonafide baggage upto an aggregate value of Rs. 50,000/- (in the case of a gentleman passenger) or Rs.1,00,000/- (in the case of a lady passenger).

Hi all
Am staying in lagos.i bought denon AVR 2400 H receiver valuing 800 usd. I want to take it to india in checked lugguage. Is there any tax to pay for customs.I am NRI travelling to india after 10 months plsese guide me

I believe there would be some taxes to pay......you can google it and check...I don't think rates are uniformly fixed for all locations and can differ.....if I recall correctly ...it was 110% duty on the invoice of the electronic....this was 3-5 years back...not sure if this has changed

Depending on what would be the tax impact...decide if it makes sense then to carry this AVR or sell it off...and buy the same one here with warranty.....

Hi all

Nope.. There would be no need to pay duty since you are returning to India after 10 months, moreover the goods is used.. No worries there..

open & repack the Box and remove the price tag. if anyone asking tell to them it is used one. mostly they will not charge anything. i got this information from my friend. try your luck. All the best

Most of the time customs duty charged on used items varies from airport to airport and the officer who checks your baggage. I have taken many used electronic items through Trivandrum airport and never paid duty.

Hi all
Hi,

I did the exact same thing :)

I was in Switzerland and bought Denon AVR2400 and brought to Chennai in Feb 2018, kept in Check in bag. I have not paid anything
Thanks

There is a difference between 'did not pay' and 'didn't need to pay'. If you did not declare and nobody checked your baggage then of course you did not pay. But when is it required by law? that's the question.

Absolutely cool. No duty. Nothing. Just walk out in green channel provided you have no other number of electronic gadgets. Like 2-3 I phones, laptops etc..

Hi all
I brought in Denon 2300 from Dubai last year, and walked out through green channel without any taxes. My understanding is that you can bring in electronic items value upto 50k INR without any duty

It all depends on Luck and airport, in hyderabad they are more concerned about Gold, Never had any issues with any other AV Electronics, But had to pay 8k for a LED TV 3 yrs ago...
Just keep in Check in Luggage (Stuff Soft Clothes all around , so it should not be damaged by careless staff) & walk in green Channel , mention used if ever asked .

Hello everybody
My sister currently staying in Texas. She is planning to visit us by end of this year. I am thinking of bringing a HSU subwoofer from there. If she carries it as an owned and used item, is there any custom duty she need to pay?

Hi all my Denon 2400 H receiver and Rti A1 speakers reached home without Any custom duty.

I carry both boxes in my check in luggugage in Chennai. Luckily nobody checked. No issues
Thanks for info

Hi all my Denon 2400 H receiver and Rti A1 speakers reached home without Any custom duty.

I carry both boxes in my check in luggugage in Chennai. Luckily nobody checked. No issues
Thanks for info
My friend is coming from us and i have asked him to bring the svs prime elevation speakers to chennai. Could you please give me the packing tips and procedure to bring it safely in detail?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back