• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

AV receiver for PASSIVE Subwoofer!

Wharfedale Speakers

tishman

I have been hunting for an entry level 5.1 av receiver that supports a passive subwoofer connection.
Thus far I have only found the Yamaha HTR 2067 which supports it & also fits in my budget.
PLEASE advice about other models available that would support a passive sub connection.
THANKS!

:):)

guddu478

I have been hunting for an entry level 5.1 av receiver that supports a passive subwoofer connection.
Thus far I have only found the Yamaha HTR 2067 which supports it & also fits in my budget.
PLEASE advice about other models available that would support a passive sub connection.
THANKS!

:):)

Normally AVRs that are part of HTiB support Passive Sub connectivity.
You have already mentioned Yamaha, Onkyo HT-R395 could ne another option.

Upvote 0

rajiv_kulkarni

HTR 2064 has support for Passive Sub-woofer. IMO why stick to the passive sub-woofer option, the urge to upgrade to an active Sub-woofer will soon take over, so my suggestion would be look for a decent AVR.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Upvote 0

dr_rocket

Yes if you want to stick to passive subwoofer then stick to htr 2067. If you upgrade AVR then need to upgrade subwoofer and possibly speakers sequentially

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

efernand1

Hi

I think Pioneer also has an AVR (not sure if discontinued) which supports passive subwoofer....you can check....

As mentioned by the others, look at AVRs which are future proof unless you have budget constraints.....also if you have a passive subwoofer, sell it and invest in a new or pre owned powered subwoofer....

Upvote 0