AV receiver for PASSIVE Subwoofer!

tishman

I have been hunting for an entry level 5.1 av receiver that supports a passive subwoofer connection.
Thus far I have only found the Yamaha HTR 2067 which supports it & also fits in my budget.
PLEASE advice about other models available that would support a passive sub connection.
THANKS!

:):)

I have been hunting for an entry level 5.1 av receiver that supports a passive subwoofer connection.
Thus far I have only found the Yamaha HTR 2067 which supports it & also fits in my budget.
PLEASE advice about other models available that would support a passive sub connection.
THANKS!

Normally AVRs that are part of HTiB support Passive Sub connectivity.
You have already mentioned Yamaha, Onkyo HT-R395 could ne another option.

HTR 2064 has support for Passive Sub-woofer. IMO why stick to the passive sub-woofer option, the urge to upgrade to an active Sub-woofer will soon take over, so my suggestion would be look for a decent AVR.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Yes if you want to stick to passive subwoofer then stick to htr 2067. If you upgrade AVR then need to upgrade subwoofer and possibly speakers sequentially

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi

I think Pioneer also has an AVR (not sure if discontinued) which supports passive subwoofer....you can check....

As mentioned by the others, look at AVRs which are future proof unless you have budget constraints.....also if you have a passive subwoofer, sell it and invest in a new or pre owned powered subwoofer....

No modern receiver will have a provision for passive sub woofer. It needs a heavy power supply and amplifier to drive a sub.

It would be better to get a fairly modern receiver and add a power amp to it to drive the sub woofer. This would give you flexibility, better performance and future proof to an extent.

MaSh

THANKS!

As @MaSh suggested you are better off getting a class D amp to drive the subwoofer ( you can get an Aiyima A07 probably if 200 Watts suffices or a crown amp)

Passive subwoofer compatible Receivers are
Pioneer VSX-326,
ONKYO HT-R397,
Yamaha HTR-2071 ,
Pyle PT694BT.5.

As @MaSh suggested you are better off getting a class D amp to drive the subwoofer ( you can get an Aiyima A07 probably if 200 Watts suffices or a crown amp)

I believe the OP @tishman would have upgraded to something else by now since it has been more than 5 years since his post on his requirement.

I believe the OP @tishman would have upgraded to something else by now since it has been more than 5 years since his post on his requirement.

Lol, did not notice the date. Hopefully helps someone other than op

Lol, did not notice the date. Hopefully helps someone other than op

Yes suggestions are always welcome. It's good to have updated information / guidance!

One trend I have been noticing offlate. some members join HFV just to get some solutions or ideas then either go silent for a long time or MIA! Not finger pointing but the profile shows activity of that member. In this specific case, the OP was just here for a day it seems and after that no update shared whatsoever!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back