AV receiver

Srih

Hi

I am using sony str DE445 since 2000. I was happy with it and currentlly started giving some problems. Planning to go for a new one . Suggest me some good ones same as the sony 445.
Thanks

Hi

I am using sony str DE445 since 2000. I was happy with it and currently started giving some problems.
Thanks

The STR-DE445 is a pretty old/discontinued model, and you've happily used it for 15 years!
Time to buy a new replacement. :)

Hi
Suggest me some good ones same as the sony 445.
Thanks

Same as Sony 445 in price point or specs? ;)

If you're going to buy another Sony, don't get the lowest end. Also, Pioneer
isn't a bad choice, and they are overly conservative with their power ratings.

Marantz, Denon and Onkyo are also good but not as great as Yamaha, IMO.
You do get what you pay for, though.

PIONEER-VSX-930-7-2-CH-DOLBY-ATMOS-4K-UHD-SCALER-WI-FI-BLUETOOTH-AV-RECEIVER-.......one of the best and classic receiver. Cost Rs.55000 to Rs.60000/-
Awesome sound and plenty of connections

Hi

There are a lot of AVRs out there today with fancy gimmicks of wifi and bluetooth....you need to decide what all features you want on the AVR and ask yourself if you will be really using all the available features?

Second thing to do is decide on the budget, accordingly you can then go and audition the many brands and models available.....carry your music etc. for the demos......remember it has to be hooked on to your existing speakers or the new speakers you will purchase.....

Based on what you want and your budget.....you can decide to go for a new one or even a pre owned one which you can get a good one at a bargain...check the for sale by owner section or hifi ads....olx and quikr are other sites.....

All the best....

Thanks guys for your response.
What I meant same as 445 is looking for Home theater in a box at price range of 40~50k.
My old speakers are small satellite ones and still works but the covering cloth is has some tear. Need suugestion keep the same or go for a better ones with better sound.
should i go for ht in a box or buy receiver and speakers seperately

Hi

There are a lot of AVRs out there today with fancy gimmicks of wifi and bluetooth....you need to decide what all features you want on the AVR and ask yourself if you will be really using all the available features?

Second thing to do is decide on the budget, accordingly you can then go and audition the many brands and models available.....carry your music etc. for the demos......remember it has to be hooked on to your existing speakers or the new speakers you will purchase.....

Based on what you want and your budget.....you can decide to go for a new one or even a pre owned one which you can get a good one at a bargain...check the for sale by owner section or hifi ads....olx and quikr are other sites.....

All the best....

You are right my friend......but todays world needs wifi and bluetooth for everything..... Now let me tell you that I purchased Denon AVR 1000....the best receiver some 2 years back. Today I am feeling the pinch of not having wifi. Ill be selling this classic receiver for half the price and purchasing the Pioneer. :yahoo:

Hi

Afterall, everyone has their own choices and expectations.....If one feels that AVRs need to be changed from time to time based on technological improvements, the best way would be to get a pre owned one and use it for a while.....

Hi

I am using sony str DE445 since 2000. I was happy with it and currentlly started giving some problems. Planning to go for a new one . Suggest me some good ones same as the sony 445.
Thanks

Good ones depend on your budget and your speakers.. Kindly provide info on your speakers model #..

Budget would be 50k. Can push upto 60. confused between HT in a box and speakers and receiver seperately. But for sure dont want big size speakers like floor stand or book shelf types. Also network capablities no need.

Current speakers are small satellite came with the strde445. Planning get better sound by getting new speakers.

Budget would be 50k. Can push upto 60. confused between HT in a box and speakers and receiver seperately. But for sure dont want big size speakers like floor stand or book shelf types. Also network capablities no need.

Current speakers are small satellite came with the strde445. Planning get better sound by getting new speakers.

Ok Great... You already have speakers with you. Suggest you to re-use them and get a competent AVR & Subwoofer if reqd...

Am sure the speakers that came with Sony AVR should be compatible with modern AVR's too..Juz to make sure we proceed with suggestions, would request you to provide the speaker & sub-woofer model #.. This is usually provided on the back side of the speaker...

If you satellites are compatible, then you consider a new AVR & Subwoofer for your 60K budget...

If you really want to enjoy your movies with true surround sound effect then A/V Receiver with separate good quality speaker package can solve your quest.
The speaker quality of HTIB are system tuned and can be mediocre, and if the main receiver gets faulty you might get stuck as main unit are not available separately.
The sub woofer provided by traditional home theater system are passive which means the effects or output are as per provided by main unit which most of the time lacks punch and bass effect,
whereas the speaker package sub woofer are active which has it's own amplifier... irrespective of AVR output it works and the effect which you get is true to core.

A/V Receiver and separate speaker package in return gives you terrific value for money spent.

Hi Srih,

Totally agree with Flat Listener, if budget is a constraint.....look at the For Sale by Owner section or HiFi Ads....am sure you will get something there......

Hi current speakers are
2 front and 2 back - SS-V230
centre - SS-CN230
Subwoofer( powered) - SA-WMS230.

Theser are 15 yrs old but still works. But hhas tear on covering cloth. If I continue use them how to replace covering cloths?

Thank you

Hi current speakers are
2 front and 2 back - SS-V230
centre - SS-CN230
Subwoofer( powered) - SA-WMS230.

Theser are 15 yrs old but still works. But hhas tear on covering cloth. If I continue use them how to replace covering cloths?

Thank you

You can safely re-use your satellite speakers with any modern AVR & even subwoofer too...

But i would suggest you to get a new AVR (40K) & Subwoofer too (20K) and make it 5.2 for even convincing movie experience...

Pioneer AVR's are modestly priced in India then other brands... If you have access to Pioneer dealer in your town/city, try looking for older models... Good chances you might end up getting a powerful AVR for 40K....

Some models to consider from Pioneer is VSX 830.. Scout for older models too VSX 924 and other's...

For subwoofer in 20K budget, you have few models.. Here is one from that you can consider for 17K Subwoofer : TAGA Harmony TSW-90 v.3 Active Subwoofer

I like the idea of sticking to my 15 yr old satellite speakers though need to change their covering cloth ( need to find some body who can do it).

And also decided to stick with current sub woofer for 2 months then switch to probably polk psw110. Then it comes to only avr replacement.

As I am not keen about atmos or dts x and network facilities have one avr in my mind is pioneer vsx 329.

Same time excited abt the yamaha 479 which has very good reviews but the price is almost twice.

What I wanted to know is yamaha costs that much due to its network/other sound features or it is really superior in terms of basic 5.1 dd and dts decoding.
If I go for yamaha 479 my old speaker will do the justice or I have to change the speakers as well to get the real output of yamaha

pls suggest

I like the idea of sticking to my 15 yr old satellite speakers though need to change their covering cloth ( need to find some body who can do it).

And also decided to stick with current sub woofer for 2 months then switch to probably polk psw110. Then it comes to only avr replacement.

As I am not keen about atmos or dts x and network facilities have one avr in my mind is pioneer vsx 329.

Same time excited abt the yamaha 479 which has very good reviews but the price is almost twice.

What I wanted to know is yamaha costs that much due to its network/other sound features or it is really superior in terms of basic 5.1 dd and dts decoding.
If I go for yamaha 479 my old speaker will do the justice or I have to change the speakers as well to get the real output of yamaha

pls suggest

With higher model AVR's, you get the advanced room calibration and set-up, more HDMI inputs, Video Up-scaling features to name a few...

If you are willing to spend around 40K, you may consider the Pioneer VSX 830 for 44K in hifimart.com

Pioneer VSX 329 is a 5.1 AVR...VSX 830 is a 5.2 AVR..

So you can reuse your Sony sub along with the new one you are planning to buy and make it 5.2 system...

If you are open to used AVR's, you can look for used AVR's too for around 15K budget in the forum..

As you don't need dolby Atmos or 7 channels, to drive the said speakers, Yamaha rxv 481 should be enough

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply. Forget to mention that decided to go for future proof with 581 and also same time upgradation of speakers with wharfedale dx1

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back