Av reciever

It was listed at Sharafdg.com from where I got an Onkyo 616. But guess they are out of stock or somethin coz its not listed anymore

Best price that I can see on ebay is around 32k + cost of step down... A good Step down will cost u around 4k... Now I feel if u speak to someone like Avenue sound they will be able to beat that cost easily & provide u with 1 yr dealer warranty... Contact them, u might just get lucky & they might have a ready piece in stock...

Best price that I can see on ebay is around 32k + cost of step down... A good Step down will cost u around 4k... Now I feel if u speak to someone like Avenue sound they will be able to beat that cost easily & provide u with 1 yr dealer warranty... Contact them, u might just get lucky & they might have a ready piece in stock...

Plz can u provide me contact details n where is their showroom,??

Yup. I didnt get it shipped to India coz I had a friend from the UAE travelling down... But they offered to ship it to India

Kk thts cool but now they are not having this avr in stock :-/ n bro u own A 616 so I have a question to ask from u The THX feature is it worth spending money on that feature does the sound quality changes even if the speakers are not thx certified?

rajadeeeps idea is really good.talk with avenue sound...and yes they also keep good qiality 110v conberter..
they will provide dealer warranty and service support..in case.
110v converter...
Voltage Convertor 1500Watt 220 Volt to 110 V, 1500Watts - 1500W converter 1500W | eBay
220v to 110v Voltage Converter Kit + Adapters 1600 Watts for India | eBay
Voltage Convertor 500Watt 220 Volt to 110 V, 500Watts - 500W converter | eBay

Thnx bro...:)
N bro can u throw some light on question asked above u r post... :)
Thnk u :)

Kk thts cool but now they are not having this avr in stock :-/ n bro u own A 616 so I have a question to ask from u The THX feature is it worth spending money on that feature does the sound quality changes even if the speakers are not thx certified?

I dont think THX should be a deciding factor here. For me the deciding factor was the wattage, which was required to drive my FS speakers.

Surprising. I went for the 616 after multiple discussions on hfv about matching the power of the amp to the speaker to avoid clipping etc.

Refer thread below:

http://www.hifivision.com/showthread.php?t=33485

I also consulted Polk Email Support and they too said exactly the same thing: Higher watt amps are better, underpowered ones will clip.

Based on the corroborated opinions I went in for the Onkyo 616 with my Polk TSi 400s.

First off I would like to make one thing clear... I am in no way suggesting that 616 or 515 is not a capable AVR... I no u haven't said anything in that regard but this statement is for the general public who might take my stand on wattage as my views against a 616... Now that we have that out of the way, I too was on the same boat as u were with regards to wattage... Logic seemed simple to me, higher wattage = higher ability to drive speakers... These beliefs were shattered when I heard the HK3600 & then the exp at prem's house with a 8w/ch amp...Later on ppl whose ears I trust informed me that he had upgraded(I swear that's the term that they used) to a 2.5w/ch amp & it's even better than the earlier one(something I find hard to believe)... That is a reason I keep telling ppl not to go by the specs of a system but rather audition it urself & evaluate the performance...

Chk this out,

Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver(Black) /Receivers & Amplifiers: ShopYourWorld.com

The last time i spoke to these guys they said they ship this package along with the step down transformer. This is a really good price for the Onkyo 515. Besides, Avenue sound is a good place for any person looking to set up an HT system. They respond to all your queries. Even i am looking to purchase Onkyo 515 and Energy Take Classic 5.1 HT system. The price that avenue sound quoted was somewhere around 62k, which i believe is a great deal. Just got that confirmed from our friends here in this forum.

I would suggest you to talk to shoyourworld guys and get as much details as possible.

Chk this out,

Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver(Black) /Receivers & Amplifiers: ShopYourWorld.com

The last time i spoke to these guys they said they ship this package along with the step down transformer. This is a really good price for the Onkyo 515. Besides, Avenue sound is a good place for any person looking to set up an HT system. They respond to all your queries. Even i am looking to purchase Onkyo 515 and Energy Take Classic 5.1 HT system. The price that avenue sound quoted was somewhere around 62k, which i believe is a great deal. Just got that confirmed from our friends here in this forum.

I would suggest you to talk to shoyourworld guys and get as much details as possible.

Thnk u for the link :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back