AV Speaker Settings

hifi1975

Hi All,
I have onkyo 606 Av and onkyo 7.1 speaker set . Have tried audessy eq , but the sound is not so great. Can some one suggest some the optimum settings ie

Front L/R - ? Hz , ? db
Center - ? Hz , ? db
Surround ? Hz , ? db
Back Spks ? HZ ? db

Viewing distance is about 10 Ft in a 20ft Lenght x 9ft Breadth hall.

Hi All,
I have onkyo 606 Av and onkyo 7.1 speaker set . Have tried audessy eq , but the sound is not so great. Can some one suggest some the optimum settings ie

Front L/R - ? Hz , ? db
Center - ? Hz , ? db
Surround ? Hz , ? db
Back Spks ? HZ ? db

Viewing distance is about 10 Ft in a 20ft Lenght x 9ft Breadth hall.
There is nothing as standard for Optimal setting and it varies with your speakers placement and the size of your room. The calibration mic which comes with your AVR calibrates your system with the help of the Pink noise generated during the calibration process. There are few steps which needs to be followed during audessey calibration, as if not placed properly then its like garbage in garbage out situation.
1. Place your mic on your first seating position i.e the Center and keep the height of the mic to your ear level, try doing this with the help of a tripod stand (even if you need to bowwor it from your nearest photo studio), follow the instructions on your dispaly screen and then its recommended to leave the room as Audissey tones would take you also as an object in your room and would set the equilliser accordingly.
2. After the first position is done now place the mic on the right hand side on the second seating position, follow the same process as described above.
Third position is on your left hand side from the center seating position.
After this if you have other seating positions in your room then follow the above mentioned instruction accordingly i.e center first then towards the right hand side and after that the left hand side. If there are only three seating positions then too I would recommend that you carry on with the mic placing exercise as described above for 4,5 and 6 the seating positions but in this case keep the mic further in your room in the mirror positions of your first seating positions. After doing all these see the settings on your screen and save them.
Now try playing the same contents again and hear the difference for yourself.

If somehow you are not too happy with audessey calibration settings then you always have the option of turning that off under the Equilliser option menu.

After doing all the above if you could borrow an SPL meter then re-adjust the channel vol levels set by audissey.

Thanks Ashish ..What i was looking for was some kind of theoy on Hz for individual speakers ie the values set by some of you ( wherein you feel its sounding great ) .Can do some experiments based on the "theory" and peoples experience

I use Test tone & calibrate,even distance of spk from listening position has to be corrected.Still centre ch has to be kept @ higher side for clear dialoges.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back