AV Window Shopping in Hong Kong

soulforged

Hi,

I might be travelling to Hong Kong during Christmas. Would love to check out some good audio stuff while I'm there. Could you suggest some good places to try? Would be interested in listening to some good speakers.

:cheers:

There are 3 buildings in Mongkok which house tons of hifi stores with almost all the brands that you can think of...when you get down at the Mongkok (not Mongkok East) metro station, the buildings are at the end of the street...which end I am not sure as I went to one end and discovered they were at the other end....

There was a beautiful used Sonus Faber Amati pair available when I last went...try and bargain as the look and finish was to die for...

The audio dealers on Central have shut shop ever since they razed the building at 1 Duddell street.....so if you go to Mongkok, those 2-3 buildings will be an overdose of hifi and a day well spent...will send you the name of the building or you can google it

Thanks Panditji...will check out and google them as well...will most likely be staying around Central...too bad the shops there are no longer operating :(

Send me an email and I will send you a list of all the shops in and around Central...have done a lot of research

Hifi - in Mongkok
1. Grancastle Commercial Centre - 2T Sai Yeung Choi Street South
2. Yau Shing Commercial Centre - 51 Sai Yeung Choi Street
3. Park-in Commercial Centre (16th floor) - 56 Dundas Street
4. Properity Bldg (Basement and some floors) - 61 Tung Choi Street
5. Pakpolee Commercial Centre - 1A Sai Yeung Choi Street
These buildings are within walking distance from each other.

Check out the thread below where I have listed most of the hi-fi stores in and around Central...just take a printout and walk on the Queen's road and most of the stores are on either side of the street...also check out A/V consignment stores which stocks used gear...can get some great gear if you bargain properly

Thanks Panditji...that should give me enough for an evening of AV voyeurism :eek:hyeah:

Dunno how I missed the old thread in my search...

Have fun as it will take more than an evening to cover even Mongkok hifi..And if you feel like thanking me, then perhaps you could consider the second hand Sonus Faber Amatis as a small gift...I will take care of the shipping and customs (;-)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back