Friends,

Even Fame Lido has got some bad screen/projector/speakers.:mad:

cheers.

Ohh No... I am so sorry to have seen this post.:mad: I've already booked tickets for Sun at 9.00pm. I had a feeling that the sound and projectors were bad anyways the last time but the movie was all the more a horror(Babylon AD. guess i'm the only one who knows a movie by that name). It was my friend's idea when we were all jobless that day.:sad:

Looks like Inox is crap as in terms of SQ as annelr has told the quality is bad.

Now Urvashi, Fame, fun cinemas[News paper says 3D but website says 2D] and PVR are left out in blore to watch it in 3D.

So guys kindly post your experience in other theatres.

Thanks,
Prakash.
a Big noooo to for this one ....FAME (non lido fame )bangalore!.. Yesterday evening was there,it was very bad 3d experience
first 30mins there were tech problem was coming as 2d,then restarted ...
the projector contrast was very low.... only moving people were visible.

Just watched in Santham(Satyam complex) in 3D... Story known to all.. Visual is amazing and projection is good in Santham, Brightness is bit dull, but we can expect that much only-Sound is not good as expected and bit lower in all cases, since this is the first show, next show there will be improvement will be there....Huge difference i noticed by seeng Final destination-4 in 3-D in Serene(satyam complex) with this film...

Subhash- I watched in Balcony in top row-B1 and it is amazing.. No difference or interference in visual/angle....Simply Amazing...

thatz it...

Will watch next time in Bluray-3D....However for just comparision purpose want to watch in some other 3D theater in Banglore next week , if any body is impressed and give good comments.

Last edited:
My house is just 5 minutes from santham:lol:

Film started at 12.15 instead of 11.45 due prior screening of vettaikaran.. and almost it is 3 hours... But frankly to tell you, since projection was good, never felt irritating while watching, may be for the whole 3 hours watching could have removed the glass twice or thrice to relax inbetween and nodoubt can watch one time for the efforts taken,,, but people with me left the comments pissed offfffffff...

Last edited:
Hey Mumbaikars, is it released in IMAX, Wadala, any one seen it if so?
Planning to visit mumbai for christmas to see the same.

cheers.

Avatar is a very well crafted 161 minute long video game.........:lol::eek:hyeah::yahoo:

Found this on the IMDB forums:

Guys who have seen Avatar in 3D in PVR, Inox, Fame or others, can anyone tell us what technology they are using???

Hi ,

I watched it from fame cinemas ,bangalore..

I didnt feel any difference from the earlier 3d films which I have wached decades back. So whats the diffence in new digital 3D technlogy ?? Actually I felt litle disappointed that teh effect I had with a 3D movie which I have watched in 1997 was even better than this.

Hi ,

I watched it from fame cinemas ,bangalore..

I didnt feel any difference from the earlier 3d films which I have wached decades back. So whats the diffence in new digital 3D technlogy ?? Actually I felt litle disappointed that teh effect I had with a 3D movie which I have watched in 1997 was even better than this.

Which 3D glass is being used at Fame, did you see any manufaturer's logo or any kind of text on the 3d glass???

If any of you are into the Artistic side of things, here is something look at. The art creation that went behind the scenes :)

ZBrushCentral - Avatar

One of the reasons why we guys into 3d art want to see it. Our entire team is being treated to this movie today 6.00 pm - Urvashi.
It is gonna be a riot ! :D

But frankly to tell you, since projection was good, never felt irritating while watching, may be for the whole 3 hours watching could have removed the glass twice or thrice to relax inbetween and nodoubt can watch one time for the efforts taken

Sathyam and Devi's projector's are of the best in Asia.I ve seen movies in few other Asian cities and they did not compare well with the pic quality that these theaters offered. Although Devi became garbage in terms of maintenance and got renovated now, it still has an excellent sound and projector&Screen setup.

unable to get tickets in urvashi for todays 3D screening , managed to book for monday 6pm , they also have a normal screening of the same movie in 2D for 9.30 pm , ended up booking for that for todays show

well will be watching it on both formats first normal followed by 3d on monday, can make a good comparision

Watched Avatar yesterday at Fame Lido. Well, the experience was somewhat mixed for me. For a first time 3D watched it was a good experience but not that awed as I expect it would be. Many scenes looked really nice as they were almost right in front of the face.
Audio was good but I really would expect it to be bit better.

But what was disappointing was the brightness of the movie. As with those 3D glasses the brightness dropped atleast by a stop or two. They should increase the brightness for 3D viewing instead of putting in the normal birghtness.
Secondly the screen was not very clean. Damn, when these guys will learn to keep a clean screen?
And I really feel that this is one movie you should watch from the front rows instead of back rows. May be the feel will be better there with no head popping inside the projection(it feels like that:lol:)
About the story, well it was kind of Matrix mixed with Last Samurai and as someone said earlier it felt like a well made Video game. Actually would make a good video game.
Some of the shots were really worth watching again. Specially, the scene when Jack gets his flying thing(I forgot what it is called).

Watched Avatar yesterday at Fame Lido. Well, the experience was somewhat mixed for me. For a first time 3D watched it was a good experience but not that awed as I expect it would be. Many scenes looked really nice as they were almost right in front of the face.
Audio was good but I really would expect it to be bit better.

But what was disappointing was the brightness of the movie. As with those 3D glasses the brightness dropped atleast by a stop or two. They should increase the brightness for 3D viewing instead of putting in the normal birghtness.
Secondly the screen was not very clean. Damn, when these guys will learn to keep a clean screen?
And I really feel that this is one movie you should watch from the front rows instead of back rows. May be the feel will be better there with no head popping inside the projection(it feels like that:lol:)
About the story, well it was kind of Matrix mixed with Last Samurai and as someone said earlier it felt like a well made Video game. Actually would make a good video game.
Some of the shots were really worth watching again. Specially, the scene when Jack gets his flying thing(I forgot what it is called).

Lido is not where you should be watching the movie. Sorry. They have very very dim screen with bad contrast and only ok sound.

If you happen to come to hyderabad, see this in Prasads IMAX. My friends went there and booked the tickets for next week soon after returning!

AMAZING , ASTOUNDING, JAWDROPPING all in all SIMPLY BRILLIANT

-saw on sat 9.30pm @ Urvashi in Normal 2D screening
-the screen in this theatre is good and clean, PQ is fantastic
-SQ is great ,separation is fantastic, the sub fires very well shaking u up, but wish they tweak up the centre channel a little bit

The background sountrack by James Horner is splendid

This movie definetly invites you for multiple viewings

will be watching againg in 3D on monday @ the same theatre

For best effects in SQ/PQ book up @ urvashi downstairs ,middle rows --this is my personal experience

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back