manu4panjab

hey bros.
just came from local multiplex where avatar is filiming,i enjoy it only in special effects departments but not story it is much more like tom cruise last samurai just little bit new stuff is sam is avatar and his chiefs send him on pandora where as in last samurai tom cruise taken by japanese and etc. etc but evrything else is just last samurai where our hero learn language etc etc.......

so i gave it 3.5 out of 5 :cool:

Last edited:
and with that one review James Cameron's fate was sealed :)

hey bros.
just came from local multiplex where avatar is filiming,i enjoy it only in special effects departments but not story it is much more like tom cruise last samurai just little bit of scenes from here and there but evrything else is just last samurai

hey bros.
just came from local multiplex where avatar is filiming,i enjoy it only in special effects departments but not story it is much more like tom cruise last samurai just little bit new stuff is sam is avatar and his chiefs send him on pandora where as in last samurai tom cruise taken by japanese and etc. etc but evrything else is just last samurai where our hero learn language etc etc.......

you are right.........i was going through the comments in rediff movie review when i realised that avatar was a copy of the last samurai...but both were a copy of an older hindi movie of the same name..check the comments below

good take on the Rajesh Khanna original
by Oomshik Tooshik on Dec 18, 2009 02:03 PM | Hide replies

James Cameron picks up from Rajesh Khanna - how about that?
The original Avtaar (1983) was a classic that starred Kaka, Shabana Azmi and AK Hangal as the alien who's always been old. As you can see, James Cameron has slightly altered the screenplay for a worldwide audience. He doffs his hat to the first film in style.

I thought it was well adapted - Hangal and Golshen Grover are the only actors from the original in the 2009 version. Watch for them as Na'vi elders.

see original too in new 3d print.

Forward | Report abuse

and it doesnt end there...the movie should have been a copy of ramayan also ..coz

Re: good take on the Rajesh Khanna original
by Oomshik Tooshik on Dec 18, 2009 02:07 PM
Also first time Hollywood remade a Bollywood movie. More India influence - the Naavi ppl are like Bhagwan Ramchandra-ji, blue with bow and arrows.

cheers:clapping:

James Cameron picks up from Rajesh Khanna - how about that?
The original Avtaar (1983) was a classic that starred Kaka, Shabana Azmi and AK Hangal as the alien who's always been old. As you can see, James Cameron has slightly altered the screenplay for a worldwide audience. He doffs his hat to the first film in style.

I thought it was well adapted - Hangal and Golshen Grover are the only actors from the original in the 2009 version. Watch for them as Na'vi elders.

and it doesnt end there...the movie should have been a copy of ramayan also ..coz

Also first time Hollywood remade a Bollywood movie. More India influence - the Naavi ppl are like Bhagwan Ramchandra-ji, blue with bow and arrows.

cheers:clapping:

I haven't read something more nonsense than this in a long time!

There are films made to showcase the technology used, in that case we cannot expect any story behind that, so its..ok..chalega.. Like, i believe, the first motion picture was only to show how a train moves.

1) Ramayan influence is suspected by me .....hero is like Bibhishan who chnages his sides and fight against his people.....

2) Anyone have seen Kurt Russel's Flop "soldier"??Storyline again similar -genetically enhanced soldier going against his own team and fighting for poor and powerless people.

3) While talking with my bro he told me that framwork is similar to classic play Becket .
From Wikipedia 'The play is a re-enactment of the conflicts between King Henry II and Thomas Becket as the latter (Henry's best friend) ascends to power, becoming the Kings enemy. Becket begins as a clever, but hedonistic, companion; as a result of being created Archbishop of Canterbury, he is transformed into an ascetic who does his best to preserve the rights of the church against the king's power.

Ultimately, Becket is slaughtered by several of the king's nobles, and the king is then forced to undergo penance for the murder."

Any experts comments from english Drama/Literature expert?

4) Again Namak Haram ( Bachhan,Rajesh Khanna ) taken from Becket . In that movie Rajesh Kahanna is Bachhan's best buddy. Bachhan send him as a mole in poor worker's basti to influence their minds towards mill owners. Bachhan is mill owner's son.Looking at worker's condition Khanna starts fighting for workers......

Is the story look familier???????:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back