average life of AV receiver?

well, are there any AVRs that are not manufactured in China ?
Maybe, some who are made in the country of origin of the manufacturer??>

And I am talking abt the <40k INR AVRs , not some 40k USD uber-xuber gizmo.

Most chinese build amplifiers usually do not use high quality capacitors and resistors and also cheap imitaions of other semi-conductors which do not last long.
All the major AV manufacturers who had shifted their units to china claim that their products are assembled in china but the parts are manufactured in their country or manufactured in china under their strict supervision with their specified quality control. Should it to be believed?

Regards

My onkyo HTR 340 Receiver part of HTS 590 package, paired with polk Rti A5 last 3 years has enetred its 6th year and still goiing strong, looks and works as good as new, but i have never taken it to its limits. But i want to try someother brand this time rather than going for Onkyo again, is it worth the risk?

My 110v basic Onkyo TXDS494 is in its 11th year now... no issues till now.

Last edited:
I picked up a Onkyo THX919 receiver around 1992-1993 when I lived in the U.S. and I just retired it. It's built like a tank and is still working great. I was only using the amp section which was driven by my HTPC line-outs.

Re: BPL D1000 ?

Have a BPL-Sanyo D1000 Cassettee-AudioCD-Tuner Deck with stereo speakers brought in 1997, for 17000INR that time.

Works almost perfectly. The buttons have lost a bit of touch(seem to have a mind of their own, until I got it serviced and its back to normal now).
Tape works ok, but the CD player works like a charm. Speakers are very fine.

But enticed by Multi channel revolution, I have upgraded to Onkyo.
http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/4810-onkyo-sr506-vs-sr575.html

Guess systems of new wont give this much life, will be very surprised if they do!!!

Same case with my BPL Sanyo D1000. Bought in 1997. Had to get it serviced after 8 yrs and repaired a few times,because of the buttons. Now i guess it will be useful for parts. Also the onkyo Amp Av receiver, with tape deck and equilizer (before yr 2000s) is good and used few times only.

My mothers tube amp from the 70's still runs flawless today but the speaker surround rubber rings have degraded and needs replacing.

As for newer equipment, I have no clue because i havnt had one for more than a couple of years. But within 2 years no issues so far. I avoid onkyo and denon because I dont like their sound.

Last edited:
I have a 2001 Modeal Marantz receiver SR 5200. Got it from this forum. It had small issues after i bought it. But then i serviced it & it has been working really fine....:clapping:

My Onkyo TX-DS747 was purchased in 1998. It is still working great. I purchased Deno-1910 in 2009 because Onkyo did not decode DTS.

I am looking for a buyer for the Onkyo.

I have had a Sherwood av receiver for years and still working great. Also good for music. Now glad that I it only decodes dolby digital as most dvds are this sound, don't see that many dvds with without it. Of course, this might change in the future. But so far the most widely used dvd sound format seems to be dolby d in the U.K. What do you think?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back