AVI to HDMI Converter

AshD

Hello All,

I have small challenge at home to be resolved.

Is there a AVI (Red Yellow White) Cable to HDMI Converter available?

Need to connect my stop gap cable connection STB to the internal HDMI wire provisioned for my LED, till we get a common dish and have either Tata Sky or D2H enabled.

there is a converter..but will be costly.
no need for a stop gap spend imho.
around 3k..
why do u neeed this..
there is also red and white and yellow connection in tv..
use that instead of hdmi in..

there is a converter..but will be costly.
no need for a stop gap spend imho.
around 3k..
why do u neeed this..
there is also red and white and yellow connection in tv..
use that instead of hdmi in..

I have done the same way for my 32" Sony LED.
No need of HDMI converter.

I agree with you all both ends have the AV inputs.. but all the wires i provisioned from LED to AVR and DTH box (provisioned) are concealed.
Now when i realised that I ant get Tata Sky due to no line of sight, I had to get a local cable connection, till we sort out common dish for the complex.

So this STB is sitting in the cabinet but has not AV wire provisioned to be connected to the LED. Hence I have a AV cable running from the LED to the STB. this is hanging outside.

So get rid of this I need the converter, as I am sure the common DTH dish will take 2-3 months and I cant let this wire stick out all this while.

So help needed..

did not get it..
u said a av cable is hanging from led tv..so just connect it into the stb av

this cable is hanging outside the media panel. which doesnt look good.

So to use the internal provisioned HDMI Cable I want a converter.

LED<--HDMI Cable-->||HDMI Converter||< -- AV Cable -->||STB||

this way all the cable will be inside the media panel and nothing will hang out..

I am ok to buy an expensive adapter to serve the purpose, in case experts feel that a std converter may ruin the quality of the signal from STB to LED.

Attachments

• 20130826_164147.jpg
    20130826_164147.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20130826_164134.jpg
    20130826_164134.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20130826_164124.jpg
    20130826_164124.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 45
wouldn't connecting stb to avr directly help?

Thanks Ajopaul..

Yes thats what i am going to do once I get my AVR installed tomorrow. May be then there is no need of this converter. Just that each time I have to watch tele I have to switch on the AVR. This was the reason that i got an additional HDMI from the LED to directly connect the STB (TS or D2H)

Will try this tomorrow..

Hi AshD

If this is of use I can send...

Hi Robovind,

Thanks for the help.. Will check out the option to connect via AVR. Else would be good to try out this box. I found a few smaller devices as big as a pack of cards.. for around 3500.

How much do you expect for this box?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back