Avoid Buying Denon AV Receivers 100%

I would say that avoiding Denon receivers is also not going to solve these kind of problems.
The onus to blame is for some part is on us, the customers, we want an AVR to connect to LAN, bluetooth, etc. and do all functions that computers do. For example why would an AVR need an update unless it has different types software updates to it?

A good ole simple balls to walls AVR ole school would beat the crap out of most of these new fangled receivers. This goes across all AVR companies and all models, not just Denon.

Just an example why would we need AVR to bluetooth music to it? Can't we just connect analogue cables to do the same? Yes more troublesome but safer.

Just an opinion which is dying its death in this mad rush for modernization in receivers. For background my Denon AVR 3803 is running from 2004. Bought it used then.
I kind of agree with you in some sense. I think the regular purchase should be without the update feature and you get a device which stays with all its digital perfections and imperfections till the end. But you may, with an option (may be also a token price) and an agreement opt for update feature knowing fully well that this may brick your device if things do not proceed "normally".

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back