Avoid Buying Denon AV Receivers 100%

manofx

Hi @manofx
I know you might have tried all combinations, can you still check below options.
Also is your AVR connected via ethernet or WIFI? Can you connect it through ethernet and then try? View attachment 65892 View attachment 65893 View attachment 65894
Thanks for your inputs mate .. I already tried the lan wire method and reset settings and restoring firmware too .. nothing solves the issue.

someone with same issue finally solved his issue with usb firmware flashing .. which he got it from denon website after pinging them for unlimited times ..

for now I am trying to do the same .. I am 100% sure this will be my last Denon purchase .. and I wont suggest denon to anyone ..

I really Don't want anyone to get into trouble like me :(

argho

Unfortunate.

I have been using Denon receivers for many years now.
Never had a problem.

Have always connected via Ethernet lan cable. I do think WiFi causes problems.

Hope you are able to find some solution.

OM_2K19

INDIAN CUSTOMER CARES ARE HORRIBLE
110% agreed... These service centers don't hire/retain good talent to cut corners and, as a result, end up having below-per technicians who hardly know anything. Ultimately, we 'The Customers' take all the hit. On a separate note, replacing the board is becoming a global phenomenon rather than repairing it in case of a hardware issue.

Nitin K

110% agreed... These service centers don't hire/retain good talent to cut corners and, as a result, end up having below-per technicians who hardly know anything. Ultimately, we 'The Customers' take all the hit. On a separate note, replacing the board is becoming a global phenomenon rather than repairing it in case of a hardware issue.
Very true, only a few private 3rd party technicians have good knowledge and they guide well.
It's rare to have experienced trained technicians at these service centers. The suggestion of changing boards is the easiest way out & more profitable for them.

ssf

I would like to post my experience when I had to get my Marantz SR7010 repaired. Mangalore is a small city. There is only one retailer/dealer in HT and Stereo equipment, Cresendo.

I got my receiver from HiFiMart and not from Cresendo. Inspite of this, the owner of Cresendo, Mr. Praveen Lobo took in the receiver, had his staff have a look at it and then arranged for it to be sent to Mumbai. He did the packing, dispatching and talking to the guys in Mumbai. After a month or so, I got my receiver back.

It's working till date without any major issues. Great going Mr. Lobo and Cresendo.

SiR

So is it fixed yet? Thats a lot of time for getting a part for a mass produced avr that sells well here.
I could expect this for Euro or boutique brands like Arcam, Anthem, Cambridge Audio, Nad etc. Not from Denon/Marantz that sells decently well here & has 2 distributors for Denon & one for Marantz in India. Pretty surprised.
Who is the distributer for Marantz in India ?

TIA

sylar

Once I also had similar issue. The error message was showing "Update failure something". I tried hard reset and usb flashing, nothing worked. It was at the end happening due to fried HDMI board. Luckily it was under warranty and was replaced without a problem.

But the point here is, the error message sometimes can be misleading.

fLUX

What's the present pricing for Yamaha V4a and v6a, worth having a look at these over the Denon S650

chander

@manofx - didn't @Enkay78 solve a similar issue with a firmware reload through USB? There is a post as well somewhere - I guess he might be able to help you with step by step instructions and maybe even the firmware file?

manofx

@manofx - didn't @Enkay78 solve a similar issue with a firmware reload through USB? There is a post as well somewhere - I guess he might be able to help you with step by step instructions and maybe even the firmware file?
I had the firmware file from denon team bro .. but it didnt solve my issue ..

Finally I sent my set to customer care .. getting hardware treatment for software solution ..

sajeet

I had the firmware file from denon team bro .. but it didnt solve my issue ..

Finally I sent my set to customer care .. getting hardware treatment for software solution ..
Hi manofx, what hardware they're going to replace? Samet hing here, my Marantz avr needs network board replacement for a software issue:(

Donivlapog

Is there a way to stop any future updates of firmwares? Tomorrow is my installation of Denon 2700h based HT set up with .2 (dual subs). Should I need to know something before hand?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.