Avoid Buying Denon AV Receivers 100%

Hi @manofx
I know you might have tried all combinations, can you still check below options.
Also is your AVR connected via ethernet or WIFI? Can you connect it through ethernet and then try?View attachment 65892View attachment 65893View attachment 65894
Thanks for your inputs mate .. I already tried the lan wire method and reset settings and restoring firmware too .. nothing solves the issue.

someone with same issue finally solved his issue with usb firmware flashing .. which he got it from denon website after pinging them for unlimited times ..

for now I am trying to do the same .. I am 100% sure this will be my last Denon purchase .. and I wont suggest denon to anyone ..

I really Don't want anyone to get into trouble like me :(

Unfortunate.

I have been using Denon receivers for many years now.
Never had a problem.

Have always connected via Ethernet lan cable. I do think WiFi causes problems.

Hope you are able to find some solution.

INDIAN CUSTOMER CARES ARE HORRIBLE
110% agreed... These service centers don't hire/retain good talent to cut corners and, as a result, end up having below-per technicians who hardly know anything. Ultimately, we 'The Customers' take all the hit. On a separate note, replacing the board is becoming a global phenomenon rather than repairing it in case of a hardware issue.

110% agreed... These service centers don't hire/retain good talent to cut corners and, as a result, end up having below-per technicians who hardly know anything. Ultimately, we 'The Customers' take all the hit. On a separate note, replacing the board is becoming a global phenomenon rather than repairing it in case of a hardware issue.
Very true, only a few private 3rd party technicians have good knowledge and they guide well.
It's rare to have experienced trained technicians at these service centers. The suggestion of changing boards is the easiest way out & more profitable for them.

I would like to post my experience when I had to get my Marantz SR7010 repaired. Mangalore is a small city. There is only one retailer/dealer in HT and Stereo equipment, Cresendo.

I got my receiver from HiFiMart and not from Cresendo. Inspite of this, the owner of Cresendo, Mr. Praveen Lobo took in the receiver, had his staff have a look at it and then arranged for it to be sent to Mumbai. He did the packing, dispatching and talking to the guys in Mumbai. After a month or so, I got my receiver back.

It's working till date without any major issues. Great going Mr. Lobo and Cresendo.

So is it fixed yet? Thats a lot of time for getting a part for a mass produced avr that sells well here.
I could expect this for Euro or boutique brands like Arcam, Anthem, Cambridge Audio, Nad etc. Not from Denon/Marantz that sells decently well here & has 2 distributors for Denon & one for Marantz in India. Pretty surprised.
Who is the distributer for Marantz in India ?

TIA

Once I also had similar issue. The error message was showing "Update failure something". I tried hard reset and usb flashing, nothing worked. It was at the end happening due to fried HDMI board. Luckily it was under warranty and was replaced without a problem.

But the point here is, the error message sometimes can be misleading.

What's the present pricing for Yamaha V4a and v6a, worth having a look at these over the Denon S650

@manofx - didn't @Enkay78 solve a similar issue with a firmware reload through USB? There is a post as well somewhere - I guess he might be able to help you with step by step instructions and maybe even the firmware file?

@manofx - didn't @Enkay78 solve a similar issue with a firmware reload through USB? There is a post as well somewhere - I guess he might be able to help you with step by step instructions and maybe even the firmware file?
I had the firmware file from denon team bro .. but it didnt solve my issue ..

Finally I sent my set to customer care .. getting hardware treatment for software solution ..

I had the firmware file from denon team bro .. but it didnt solve my issue ..

Finally I sent my set to customer care .. getting hardware treatment for software solution ..
Hi manofx, what hardware they're going to replace? Samet hing here, my Marantz avr needs network board replacement for a software issue:(

Is there a way to stop any future updates of firmwares? Tomorrow is my installation of Denon 2700h based HT set up with .2 (dual subs). Should I need to know something before hand?

Sad and lucky for me I haven’t faced this issue with my old 2400 and my current 4500 so far. The lack of knowledgeable technicians in this industry is a problem in India for enthusiasts like us. I remember seeing a similar thread recently where one fm contacted sound united and they helped him to fix the issue. He was also advised the same for software issue.

It seems there is a genuine lack of good Denon service people in India. It sound so disgraceful that Denon would allow retailers to first sell its products in India and then think of a serious service wing. I wonder whether they are even thinking now. I am having the same experience. My X1600H was bricked some 2 months back. In my case I tried to do a firmware restore. It progressed fine till 72% and then errored out with a 1102 code. Thereafter it repeats the same steps of update and failure each time it is turned on. Exactly similar experience has been had by another gentleman in India as I read in one the denon forums. For him it was 71%. This prompted me to capture the network communication that the receiver is having till it errors out. I could see that it was connecting thru https to external heos servers and having some communication. It was also constantly trying to read network time. Then after one of the https calls it errors out. As it is https I have no clue about what's going on in the request/response. I do not know of any knowledgeable guy in Denon or anywhere who can help in deciphering that capture log or else give me a way to burn the original firmware somehow. Any help in that regard from the forum would be helpful. But whatever is the outcome I have decided for sure to move to some other receiver from a company that does business in India with some seriousness.

But whatever is the outcome I have decided for sure to move to some other receiver from a company that does business in India with some seriousness.
Well, good luck with that.
Onkyo have been in India for over 20 years and you can count positive views about the brand and its support network. Thats about as good as it has been.

If this happens under warranty, you can always go back to the dealer who sold the receiver and ask them for help.

In my view, Denon remains the safest among mainstream brands and is sold under a massive Distributor. Pro Fx. They are probably India's largest sales outlet for the brand. Surely, they must offer some support considering some of their equipment prices are in 6 digit figures and they sell a whole lot of em.

Out of curiosity, was that a Firmware Factory Restore process you were trying to do?

I would say that avoiding Denon receivers is also not going to solve these kind of problems.
The onus to blame is for some part is on us, the customers, we want an AVR to connect to LAN, bluetooth, etc. and do all functions that computers do. For example why would an AVR need an update unless it has different types software updates to it?

A good ole simple balls to walls AVR ole school would beat the crap out of most of these new fangled receivers. This goes across all AVR companies and all models, not just Denon.

Just an example why would we need AVR to bluetooth music to it? Can't we just connect analogue cables to do the same? Yes more troublesome but safer.

Just an opinion which is dying its death in this mad rush for modernization in receivers. For background my Denon AVR 3803 is running from 2004. Bought it used then.

I would say that avoiding Denon receivers is also not going to solve these kind of problems.
The onus to blame is for some part is on us, the customers, we want an AVR to connect to LAN, bluetooth, etc. and do all functions that computers do. For example why would an AVR need an update unless it has different types software updates to it?

A good ole simple balls to walls AVR ole school would beat the crap out of most of these new fangled receivers. This goes across all AVR companies and all models, not just Denon.

Just an example why would we need AVR to bluetooth music to it? Can't we just connect analogue cables to do the same? Yes more troublesome but safer.

Just an opinion which is dying its death in this mad rush for modernization in receivers. For background my Denon AVR 3803 is running from 2004. Bought it used then.
Absolutely right. I have a Harman Kardon AVR 240 from 2004 as well. Gives 65 high current Watts in stereo mode - works well.

Well, good luck with that.
Onkyo have been in India for over 20 years and you can count positive views about the brand and its support network. Thats about as good as it has been.

If this happens under warranty, you can always go back to the dealer who sold the receiver and ask them for help.

In my view, Denon remains the safest among mainstream brands and is sold under a massive Distributor. Pro Fx. They are probably India's largest sales outlet for the brand. Surely, they must offer some support considering some of their equipment prices are in 6 digit figures and they sell a whole lot of em.

Out of curiosity, was that a Firmware Factory Restore process you were trying to do?

Yes Sandeep, It was a firmware restore process that I was doing. After the last update which completed properly the sound output stopped and I with inputs for similar problems from the various forums tried "Firmware Restore" which is basically the same thing that you are asking. But the fact that I do not remember is whether I had reset all configurations in the system or not. But all said and done the error codes must be much more specific as in my case 1102 (which is supposed to mean something to do with my network connection) is not right at all or may be very broad. I have logged request/responses flowing etc and at the end it fails. So it may be the speed of network which I doubt or something else like HEOS credentials etc. I am not knowledgeable enough to guess. Sorry for the big fat answer but just wanted to elaborate for anyone interested.

Back