AVR and Sub-woofer connected to single surge protector

Luxman Amplifiers India

waris

Hi FMs,
I had purchased a surge protector along with my AVR. It's Honeywell platinum model. Can I connect the sub-woofer to this surge protector. Presently I have connected the sub-woofer to another power outlet without surge protector.
Pl advise.

hannibal09

Normally sockets are designed for 6 ampere. You may check your MCB as well. So for 6 ampere, 240 volt, you can connect upto 1440 Watts in total. Taken factor of safety of 20%, you are good if your combined power is less than 1150 Watts.

waris

Normally sockets are designed for 6 ampere. You may check your MCB as well. So for 6 ampere, 240 volt, you can connect upto 1440 Watts in total. Taken factor of safety of 20%, you are good if your combined power is less than 1150 Watts.
Hi,
I have read somewhere on the forum to not connect Sub-woofer and AVR in the same socket via surge protector as sub-woofer current draw may affect the AVR performance.

Srinivasa Rao

Hi,
I have read somewhere on the forum to not connect Sub-woofer and AVR in the same socket via surge protector as sub-woofer current draw may affect the AVR performance.
I have connected AVR, WiFi router and Nvidia shield to surge protector and connected subwoofer directly to the mains socket. Working fine for me.

waris

I have connected AVR, WiFi router and Nvidia shield to surge protector and connected subwoofer directly to the mains socket. Working fine for me.
Hi,
My configuration is similar . Can we improve it by connecting sub also to 1. Same surge protector 2. Another surge protector

mail2sumanth

I don’t see a reason why you should not if it is rated correctly. All long as you have enough power to draw it should not effect.

gurujee

Hi,
Can anyone shed some light on it? I am also using one belkin 8 socket surge protector connected to Vguard Crystal plus. Have connected 43"plasma, AVR, Bluray Player, 10" Subwoofer to it. Though I have not faced any (visible) problems yet, I am wondering if I am doing wrong.