AVR for Energy Take Classic 5.1

devil_the_red

Hi,

First off, Thanks to all the people who offer help to HT new comers like me.

Coming to the point now, I am in the US on a temporary assignment and was planning to buy a HT system. After much ado, I finally was able to buy Energy Take Classic speakers for $299 after a 100$ discount.
  • Since most of the channels are still Standard Definition in India, how important will 'upscaling' feature be ? Does it actually provide improvement in the quality of picture ?
  • I am planning to buy refurbished receiver from accessories4less, has anyone previously bought from this ?
  • The ones that I have shortlisted so far are Denon AVR-E400, AVR-1913, AVR-1513, AVR-E200 and Marantz NR1403 Slimline ?
  • Is it even worth getting them from here ? I am a little worries about the lack of warranty and the wear/tear that it might take in carrying from US to India.

Bear with me for so many questions. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

I am ordering same from US.
For AVR i need warrantry, so going for marantz 1504 @ 32.5 k in mumbai.

My advice would be NOT to get any electronics from outside the country unless you get International Warranty in writing that can be confirmed with the distributor in India. Many of us have burnt our fingers.

Even experienced technicians don't understand these circuits. One technician I know did not follow prescribed and written procedures, and burnt a board worth nearly 40K. When asked, he blames the manufacturer for stupid design.

Buy in India even if it costs more and be sure of the equipment.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back