AVR for Monitor Audio RX6

Hi,

There have been several 5.1 implementations in a room of your size so don't worry. Important thing is acoustics. Try covering the open 3rd side (Dining area) with a heavy curtain. It would make a lot of difference to the sound. Carpets and furniture also do a good job!

Coming to equipment, RX6 are very good speakers with deep bass but obviously a subwoofer would give better effect. It is usually preferable that the front 3 speakers are of the same make for timbre matching so have the budget for the RX Centre too. The best amplifier to drive the RX6s in my opinion is a Marantz SR7007, Denon 3313 but a SR6007 should also be a good option. I had experienced RX6s with both a 2113 and a 3313 and could see a lot of difference. Coming to the Subwoofer, you could go for Velodyne Impact series 10" or even the Dali Sub E-12F or even the polk subwoofers. As for surround you can try the Wharfedale DFS which are decent dipole speakers.

The onboard room correction on the receivers should reasonable be able to adjust the sound in your room!

Are you sure abt the price difference ?

Yes, I am pretty sure about it. Take for example, The Marantz 7007 receiver has MRP of $1800, and in India it costs around RS.90000. The Denon 3313 retails for $1200 (can be had for $800 from Amazon US) but it sells in India for Rs.99000. The Onkyo 818 retails for $1200(can be had for $800 from Amazon US), but here it is Rs.95000.

Similarly, The pioneer and Yamaha also sell for relatively less money like the Marantz, here in India.
Hope you can understand the difference.

Yes, I am pretty sure about it. Take for example, The Marantz 7007 receiver has MRP of $1800, and in India it costs around RS.90000. The Denon 3313 retails for $1200 (can be had for $800 from Amazon US) but it sells in India for Rs.99000. The Onkyo 818 retails for $1200(can be had for $800 from Amazon US), but here it is Rs.95000.

Similarly, The pioneer and Yamaha also sell for relatively less money like the Marantz, here in India.
Hope you can understand the difference.

Marantz & Pioneer seem to be fairly priced in India compared to the international price....

FYI, i got my 818 from Kuwait for 45K... Really sad to know that the price is double in India... I don't know what the hell makes them price so absurd here...

yah..onkyos are dangerously overpriced in india...

Midrange receivers from Onkyo/Denon cost a nuclear bomb in India....I really don't understand the pricing strategy here....

Last edited:

Very true. I think Marantz is priced really well in India as I could find a Marantz SR5007 for Rs.46k at a local shop (with bill/warranty). The same receiver is priced around $800 in US and was quoted Rs.50k in Dubai (personally checked it at VV&Sons, Dubai).

I found the Yamaha Aventage series receivers to be expensive in India compared to their international pricing. Not sure about Pioneer though.

Denon & Marantz are from the same parent company D & M Holdings....So i believe the distribution is also the same....

If Marantz is fairly priced, why is denon overpriced ? Someone looting money here ?:eek:hyeah:

yes maratz is exxcelllenty priced here

Exactly - and most of the Marantz AVRs comes with pre-outs which is a pretty important feature IMHO (as I am upgrading from my old Denon 1601 just because it doesn't have pre-outs). Also, similar Denon receivers are priced lower than Marantz ones elsewhere (atleast by a few hundred dollars) and the reverse holds true in India. Despite all these facts, Denon seems to be popular in India compared to Marantz. Not sure if I am missing something.

Denon & Marantz are from the same parent company D & M Holdings....So i believe the distribution is also the same....

If Marantz is fairly priced, why is denon overpriced ? Someone looting money here ?:eek:hyeah:

Denon is being distributed by Kripa India & ProFX while Marantz is distributed by MZ Audio Distribution. Looks like MZ Audio Distribution is less greedy :p

I still have time to decide between Marantz 5007 and Denon 2113. Anyone who had demo of both ?

Last edited:
Marantz & Pioneer seem to be fairly priced in India compared to the international price....

FYI, i got my 818 from Kuwait for 45K... Really sad to know that the price is double in India... I don't know what the hell makes them price so absurd here...

Midrange receivers from Onkyo/Denon cost a nuclear bomb in India....I really don't understand the pricing strategy here....

well, i had discussion with a yamaha distributor in Delhi about the exhorbitant prices of receivers/speakers in india vis-s-vis the prices in US,middle East and Hong Kong. He said the import duty and other levies of the government , in India, are to be blamed. Still i feel that the margin in India is very high although the distribution levels are not that many in AV business. I was getting Jamo HCS 426(5.0 speakers) in Decibels,Lajpat Nagar, delhi in Rs.26000 wheras it is around 21000 in Reliance digital who are also making profit at this price. Thus Decibels may be making a killing despite high import duty etc. i agree that real AV market is still not big in India and these items donot move fast and perhaps that is the reson that prices are kept high to factor in the cost of holding these items for a longer time. since more people are now getting interested in AV items perhaps the higher purchases may lead to price stabilisation but as of now the prices are increased by these companies periodically quoting varioys reasons such as exchange rate variation etc.

well, i had discussion with a yamaha distributor in Delhi about the exhorbitant prices of receivers/speakers in india vis-s-vis the prices in US,middle East and Hong Kong. He said the import duty and other levies of the government , in India, are to be blamed. Still i feel that the margin in India is very high although the distribution levels are not that many in AV business. I was getting Jamo HCS 426(5.0 speakers) in Decibels,Lajpat Nagar, delhi in Rs.26000 wheras it is around 21000 in Reliance digital who are also making profit at this price. Thus Decibels may be making a killing despite high import duty etc. i agree that real AV market is still not big in India and these items donot move fast and perhaps that is the reson that prices are kept high to factor in the cost of holding these items for a longer time. since more people are now getting interested in AV items perhaps the higher purchases may lead to price stabilisation but as of now the prices are increased by these companies periodically quoting varioys reasons such as exchange rate variation etc.

If one brand is priced sensibly, other should follow the same and make it more affordable....

There are receivers in US for 250$...Really unbelievable....Doesn't the US have import duty & other stuff...

My humble opinion is what sells in US for $1 need not be 55Rs + Import duty + other stuff etc in India...

I still have time to decide between Marantz 5007 and Denon 2113. Anyone who had demo of both ?

I can give one important difference between Marantz SR5007 and Denon 2113. SR5007 has pre-outs and 2113 doesn't have. How is this important ? This may not be important for all, but important for few who wants to upgrade their HT by going for power amp in future.

@capgp... i just looked at this thread and thought to share my personal experience. First of all congratulations for your speaker selection. BTW...I am a proud owner of MA BX2s.
I must appreciate your approach of selecting speakers first and then finding suitable AVR.
I did not get chance to take audition with different amps. But before selecting my combo I did googling for about 2 months and had taken suggestions from different people.
I think Monitor Audio and Yamaha are made for each other. I am extremely satisfied with this combo.
Anyway, take audition with different amp (if possible) and let your ears decide. :)

BTW... I bought my system from Richersounds. the Storekeeper was extremely knowledgeable person and he had been dealing with music systems for several years. He informed that he kept a Yamaha 671 and MA BX2s in his living room. :)

5007 any day over 2113..
as mentioned pre outs......plus 5007 components anyday better than 2113 as 5007 is exactly same price here in india..unlike 2113..
so 5007 is expensive than 2113..so it should have better components..

What will be the cost of 5007 will come to in India ? I'm getting 2113 for 40K. The dealer had explanation saying Denon is good for movies and music both.

What will be the cost of 5007 will come to in India ? I'm getting 2113 for 40K. The dealer had explanation saying Denon is good for movies and music both.

In India, SR5007 should be around 55k (+/- 5k). Dealers will say anything, but you please demo both using Music CDs and movies DVDs.

I just purchased a Marantz SR5007 for 46k from the Coimbatore Marantz dealer (with bill & 2 years warranty). The equipment was sourced from the Mumbai distributor, so you could get better prices in Mumbai.

I just purchased a Marantz SR5007 for 46k from the Coimbatore Marantz dealer (with bill & 2 years warranty). The equipment was sourced from the Mumbai distributor, so you could get better prices in Mumbai.

Do you have any idea about the distributor in Mumbai ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back