AVR for Monitor Audio RX6

capgp

Dear Friends ,

I'm planning for 5.1 set up with RX6. I needed your suggestions on suitable AVR for the same. My budget is 1.5-1.7 lacs. Any other suggestion for surround speakers and sub woofer is appreciated.

My room size is 10x11 ft.
Music 70% movies 30%

Thank you.

The budget you mentioned is for AVR & Speakers or AVR alone???

There are many options for AVR. I guess Monitor Audio Rx6 should be around 80k. If you are sticking with RX6, you are left with 80k to 90k. To start with, please go for step-by-step build. Start Front Right+Front left (RX-6), centre and one subwoofer at this point in time. Popular opinion is either Marantz or NAD or even Yamaha will sound better for music (as your preference is more towards music). So for centre+subwoofer, reserve 20k and you are left with 70k. You can have these receivers:-

Marantz SR5007 (around 60k)
Yamaha A820 (around 60k)

Though NAD T757 would be the best purely for Stereo music, the cost is bit on the higher side (1.1L). Again, the above list is not full. There are other good AVRs as well.

There are many options for AVR. I guess Monitor Audio Rx6 should be around 80k. If you are sticking with RX6, you are left with 80k to 90k. To start with, please go for step-by-step build. Start Front Right+Front left (RX-6), centre and one subwoofer at this point in time. Popular opinion is either Marantz or NAD or even Yamaha will sound better for music (as your preference is more towards music). So for centre+subwoofer, reserve 20k and you are left with 70k. You can have these receivers:-

Marantz SR5007 (around 60k)
Yamaha A820 (around 60k)

Though NAD T757 would be the best purely for Stereo music, the cost is bit on the higher side (1.1L). Again, the above list is not full. There are other good AVRs as well.

Thank you. That Is a good idea too. I may do that. Considering if I have to go for 2.1 for now with RX6 and AVR keeping in mind il upgrade to 5.1 later. Which sub woofer will you suggest considering my room size 10*12ft approx. ?
Thank you.

Thank you. That Is a good idea too. I may do that. Considering if I have to go for 2.1 for now with RX6 and AVR keeping in mind il upgrade to 5.1 later. Which sub woofer will you suggest considering my room size 10*12ft approx. ?
Thank you.

For a 10*12 ft room, you are considering RX6 plus a subwoofer? Are you sure you are looking at the right sized speakers? I have an apprehension it may become too boomy.

For a 10*12 ft room, you are considering RX6 plus a subwoofer? Are you sure you are looking at the right sized speakers? I have an apprehension it may become too boomy.

Actually that will be the sitting area and there is an open dining area attached to it which is of the same size.

If you wish for a Floor stand then just go ahead. Personal preference is very important here. The RX6 may have decent to good base in your room, so first purchase the RX6 and the Centre channel. Even the sub can be added later. And for AV-receivers, I would recommend you brands like Marantz, Pioneer and Yamaha over Denon, Onkyo and NAD, because, the former 3 brands sells for relatively less price compared to the international price of the latter 3 brands.

If you wish for a Floor stand then just go ahead. Personal preference is very important here. The RX6 may have decent to good base in your room, so first purchase the RX6 and the Centre channel. Even the sub can be added later. And for AV-receivers, I would recommend you brands like Marantz, Pioneer and Yamaha over Denon, Onkyo and NAD, because, the former 3 brands sells for relatively less price compared to the international price of the latter 3 brands.

If you are planning for a 2.0 or 2.1 system I feel that centre channel need not be purchased now. Especially since your room size is only 10'X12' , Left and Right fronts will suffice.

i beg to differ
for cinema a centre is must.
recordings are done that way.
we cant help

centre is a yes yes for cinema use..

Yes centre is a must in a 5.1 playing mode, however in a 2.1 Playing mode I presume the centre channel gets routed to L & R channels.

Thank you Very much guys for your time and feedback. Decided Rx6 , Sub woofer and Denon 2113. As of now later on ill add.

Yes centre is a must in a 5.1 playing mode, however in a 2.1 Playing mode I presume the centre channel gets routed to L & R channels.

centre is recommended for cinema/movies since the dialogues are more routed to the centre. So I would say - 3.1 setup at least for movies.

Thank you Very much guys for your time and feedback. Decided Rx6 , Sub woofer and Denon 2113. As of now later on ill add.

do little change...
rx6 and a center and denon avr...instead of rx6 and sub and avr...
centre should of same series...

you can always buy a sub later...
reason already discussed

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back