AVR for Wharfedale Diamond 220 setup ?

mikilbhatkar

I have booked the Wharfedale Diamond 220 speaker package (Front, Center and Sub), would be adding the DFS surround in few months.

Was planning to pair the Denon 510BT with this. My budget for the AVR is 35K.

Is this a good pair, or any other AVR is recommended ?

With which amp did you audition these. Ask the dealer if he can arrange an audition with multiple avr i.e denon, yamaha, marantz. In my personal view,
Yamaha - Very Bright and would cause ear fatigue after long listening sessions.
Denon - Warm and punchy sound. Can listen to it for hours. Gives the extra punch for movies and is a perfect blend for music too
Marantz - Softer and Flatter response. Good for music and movies equally.
My choice would be denon. Having heard many recievers i find denon to be a perfect balance. Marantz seems too soft for my taste.
Consider getting the Denon X1100W if you can increase the budget a little. However the x510 will be more than enough if you are not looking for bells and whistles of wifi, network, etc

The 220 were auditioned with the marantz. I want something which doesnt hurt the ears after prolonged hearing and also delivers more bass effects.
I can live without WiFi. Bluetooth is good enough.

I'm using Diamond 121s paired with Yamaha 375, no way it can be termed as bright. This after auditioning with Marantz and Denon. You may want to look at 475+ though at the least. It's warm/Neutral sounding and Yamaha sounds great at high volumes. Bright to me would be Polk paired with Pioneer.

Also Wharfedale's highs are slightly recessed. Audition all amps before purchase.

Wharfedale diamond's are on the warmer side...So you can safely pair them up with even an AVR which has bright signature like Onkyo, Pioneer....

This is exactly one of the dealer told me. Also mentioned that if the speakers are bright sounding then amp has to be chosen properly. Otherwise it can be harsh.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back