AVR Setup

Modsy

I recently did a change of speaker layout in my apatment. Ran the auto setup on my Denon 2310 ( using Audessey ) to set the speakers for this new layout .

I now find that there is difference in sound output when i play the DVD vs the Tuner (radio) at the same decibel rating.

Any specific reasons for the above.

Whats your speaker brands and what was the setup before/after?

Most time if you change your speaker placement or listening position, you will feel a difference in the experience. Thats probably what is happening.

If you can provide more info, you probably will get what you might be looking for.

I recently did a change of speaker layout in my apatment. Ran the auto setup on my Denon 2310 ( using Audessey ) to set the speakers for this new layout .

I now find that there is difference in sound output when i play the DVD vs the Tuner (radio) at the same decibel rating.

Any specific reasons for the above.

What you are hearing is a difference in the initial gain delivered by the two units - the DVD Player and the Tuner. Also remember, the quality of sound coming from a good DVD on the DVD Player will be far better than the quality of sound coming from the tuner.

Cheers

Venkat ,

Thanks. i have a Samsung 1080PK DVD player. I see a mesage on the Denon once i play the DVD " Offset Channel -4DB " . any idea what this is for ??

Back