AVR/Speaker Dealers/Showroom in Kolkata

sanjub22

Hi Guys ,

Can anyone,especially the members from Kolkata, please let me know the places where I can have AVRs and Speakers. With reference to your sugguestions only I want to go with Yamaha 663/Onkyo 606/Denon 1909 and in speakers I want to have a look into Wharfedale/Jamo/Polk etc . But I am not very sure if these aforesaid stuffs are available in Kolkata. So if anybody has this information,please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Hello,
For Jamo and Onkyo you have to visit Promises opposite Kala mandir in theater road. 098303 36898. They specially deal with Jamo and onkyo.

You can also visit Ezone at mani square. They also stock Jamo , onkyo Denon. but I find their knowledge about product is very limited.

Sks traders is very good. I got my wharfedale sb from them.

Yo can also contact Profx calcutta. Details can be found at their website Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions. They stock Denon and some good speakers from POLK, focal, and they also stock quality QED cables.

Another company is Digital Aqoustics .No is 9831038033.they have some HIFI stuff yo can go and look for urself.

Hope it helps,
Thanks.

Hi Sanjub22,

You got basically the names of all the places in Kolkata. There is also a Cinebels in the elctronic mall on Central Avenue (Chittaranjan Ave) near Chandni Chowk selling a few Marantz and some speakers (according to Shuvc, another member from Kolkata), but I have never been there.

Digital Acoustics (on Dover Lane) and ProFx (on Hindustan Road) are very close to each other, and you should be able to cover both on a single outing.

SKS is better in 2-channel equipments. I think the only AVRs you would get there are from Cambridge Audio, but they have dealerships of many many speaker brands, Wharfedale, MA, MS, Dali, Dynaudio, Quad, Epos etc etc.

In Profx, the electronics are mostly from Denon, and the speakers are from Focal (expensive) and from Polk and Kef.

Digital Acoustics keeps Tannoys and other speakers (forgot). Do they keep Yamaha? I cannot remember. I was there for a tube amp audition and saw they had a few AVRs, but cannot remember which brands were they. They certainly keep Nad, I remember.

Promises Instruments (opposite Kalamandir, as has been said above) keep mainly Onkyo for electronics and a few speakers (Jamo and ...). They also keep variety of budget cables (like Bandridge and Profigold) useful for low to mid-budget AVR connections.

There is another place (on Landsdowne Road which is now Sarat Bose Ave, closer to Minto Park, I think), I cannot remember the name of, also keeping AVRs and Klipsch speakers. I have never been there.

There is a Nakamichi store on Camac Street near the AJC Road crossing. They keep Boston speakers and some electronics. Been there once for a short time.

There is also a Sonodyne store in the South City Mall. They keep some cables too.

I would generally avoid the e-zones and similar stores where usually you would see a lot of people almost queuing up to get in the viewing and listeining enclosures and very busy and arrogant salesmen with amazing lack of knowledge.

Now, I do not know who keeps Yamaha AVRs in Kolkata. Guys, please help Sanjub22.

Read through these threads too:
http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/2263-yamaha-dealer-kolkata.html

http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/2310-marantz-availability-kolkata.html

http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/2388-audio-hi-fi-dealership-kolkata.html

There is another place (on Landsdowne Road which is now Sarat Bose Ave, closer to Minto Park, I think), I cannot remember the name of, also keeping AVRs and Klipsch speakers. I have never been there.
That would be Japonica. They used to keep Yamaha too. But I'm not sure if they are authorised dealers. They are the distributors of Paradigm speakers I believe.

Now, I do not know who keeps Yamaha AVRs in Kolkata. Guys, please help Sanjub22.
I think I had mentioned the contact in one of the 3 links/threads I've given above. If not, google for Savoy Electronics in Mumbai. They are the distributors and will give you the contact number of the person in Kolkata.

Does Channel4 keep any HT equipment nowadays?

Thank you guys , I will definitely explore each one of them . Btw I have seen this address in Yamaha website . Any idea on this

Yamaha Music Squares
13, Camac Street
Kolkata -17

Any recommended dealser/shop/distributor for Onkyo.

Sks traders is very good. I got my wharfedale sb from them.

No offense but SKS guys are selling at a much higher price from what the price ppl are getting in delhi & other places.When I asked them about CA 540A V2 they told the max discount they can give me is 500-600 rs,whereas in general all the dealers in Delhi agreed to give a 10% discount (that too just over phone).

Can anyone kindly tell me where I can get Q Acoustics satellite speaker at Kolkata.I already have visited Profx and SKS but they hardly stock anything on satellite.I can get it from other places but want to explore the local market first before going for other alternatives .

Asit Da, Suvc..... any idea ????

Thanks in advance.

Search for Mridul of Inspired Innovations on this forum and contact him.

cheers

Hi All,
Though its a old forum.. just for the Record. Sonodyne is distributing some of the Yamaha Amps in Kolkata. Have a friend who works in installation dept in Sonodyne. Check the website for the listening room info

Can anyone kindly tell me where I can get Q Acoustics satellite speaker at Kolkata.I already have visited Profx and SKS but they hardly stock anything on satellite.I can get it from other places but want to explore the local market first before going for other alternatives .

Asit Da, Suvc..... any idea ????

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sanjub

Hope you have got your Q acoustics speakers by now if not Harmonie Audio in New Alipore stocks them ... they do have a facebook page where u can get the contacts

Devstation

Sollfege is another new audio dealer. They have some interesting Golden Ear speakers.They are also on facebook.They specialize on HT.

Harmonie Audio has a wide range of products.

Any experience in buying from watteffects (Utsav Bhiwaniwala)?
Percentage discounts offered?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1.harmonie audio has very good stuff.check their fb page.
2.for your listed preferences you should visit profx and then promises.
3.soulfege sales golden ear. check them out too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back