avr suggestions

gcr

I'm looking for an AVR, in UK below 50k inr. my friend is returning from there.
Found these. your inputs please.
1) Pioneer VSX930 @ 300 (open box, ex display)
2) Yamaha RXV679 @ 350 (new)
3) Denon X2200w @ 380 (new)
4) Yamaha rx-a840 @ 450 (open box, ex display)
5) Marantz nr 1506 and 1606.

Which one will be reliable?

I've dreamt about aventage series. But getting rx A840 now will be feasible? since rxA850 is now running with atmos.

2 HDMI outs is a bonus for me (1 for projector and one for tv)
Atmos - I don't fancy about that now.

Any other options? I've not included onkyo.

Thanks in advance

girish:)

I'm looking for an AVR, in UK below 50k inr. my friend is returning from there.
Found these. your inputs please.
1) Pioneer VSX930 @ 300 (open box, ex display)
2) Yamaha RXV679 @ 350 (new)
3) Denon X2200w @ 380 (new)
4) Yamaha rx-a840 @ 450 (open box, ex display)
5) Marantz nr 1506 and 1606.

Which one will be reliable?

I've dreamt about aventage series. But getting rx A840 now will be feasible? since rxA850 is now running with atmos.

2 HDMI outs is a bonus for me (1 for projector and one for tv)
Atmos - I don't fancy about that now.

Any other options? I've not included onkyo.

Thanks in advance

girish:)

Since you have a projector and TV i would strongly recommend Marantz SR 5009. Its ~ 70K here in India now. Should be able to find a good deal in UK as SR5010 is the latest. Its 100W @ 8 ohm & 140 W @ 6 Ohm

Check this site if buying in UK. They also have a clearance sale going on.
They have stores all over UK.
Sevenoaks Sound and Vision

I recently had a cousin pick up a pair of demo speakers KEF R300s at a decent markdown

Cheers,
Raghu

Since you have a projector and TV i would strongly recommend Marantz SR 5009. Its ~ 70K here in India now. Should be able to find a good deal in UK as SR5010 is the latest. Its 100W @ 8 ohm & 140 W @ 6 Ohm

thanks arjun. I've not listed that, will check that too. Heard freezing problems.
I was omitting marantz and denon not having service centres in kerala, though warranty is not in the question. But the features are tempting.

Check this site if buying in UK. They also have a clearance sale going on.
They have stores all over UK.
Sevenoaks Sound and Vision

I recently had a cousin pick up a pair of demo speakers KEF R300s at a decent markdown

Cheers,
Raghu

checking richer sounds, sevenoaks, petertyson and superfi. Any other sites/shops to look at?

You have covered the most popular stores.
Add this too your search list
Home AV Direct - Your one stop for Wireless Speakers Subwoofers Headphones & Bundle Deals - Authorised AV Dealer for Bose Sonos Denon Samsung Harman JBL Pioneer Onkyo QED AKG Home Audio Visual

Check if any of these stores participate in VAT refund program.
May come in handy if your friend is carrying the unit along with him/her.
20% VAT saved can be a sweet deal.

Cheers,
Raghu

I haven't heard about VAT refund program. will check that too. any pointers?

From the list you have given, Pioneer VSX 930 seems to very good price..I think it also has dual outputs...

Try an year old models.. If aval, you should be able to get it for good deals..

Yeah. I'm checking that. price decreased. But no pre outs. but still in my list.

From the list you have given, Pioneer VSX 930 seems to very good price..I think it also has dual outputs...

Try an year old models.. If aval, you should be able to get it for good deals..

Yup. its an open/ex display piece.yes, it has dual hdmi out with atmos. But no pre outs.
I'm leaning towards rxA840. (Its also open/demo piece).
confused.which to opt.:confused:

Yup. its an open/ex display piece.yes, it has dual hdmi out with atmos. But no pre outs.
I'm leaning towards rxA840. (Its also open/demo piece).
confused.which to opt.:confused:

If your heart is set for Yamaha Aventage,you should get it..

OTOH, pre-out is good.. What speakers do you have (or) plan to pair them up with?

If your heart is set for Yamaha Aventage,you should get it..

OTOH, pre-out is good.. What speakers do you have (or) plan to pair them up with?

you read my mind. But the product is sold out from his nearby shop.
Bit late. now finalising b/w pioneer vsx930 and yam rxv679.

I'm wondering, the last yam rxv477 had stereo pre outs, but still rxv679 has none.

Now I'm running 2.1 set-up with old sony bookshelves. Plan to get q acoustics, dali or wharfedale. If it is q then it is a blind buy. cannot audition q. Not decided on the model. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
you read my mind. But the product is sold out from his nearby shop.
Bit late. now finalising b/w pioneer vsx930 and yam rxv679.

I'm wondering, the last yam rxv477 had stereo pre outs, but still rxv679 has none.

Now I'm running 2.1 set-up with old sony bookshelves. Plan to get q acoustics, dali or wharfedale. If it is q then it is a blind buy. cannot audition q. Not decided on the model. Any suggestions?

Between the two, it is Pioneer as it has dual outputs and your requirement.. Yamaha has only single output...

You planning to buy from speakers from UK?

You have Taga Harmony in hifimart.com.. BS for 15K.. You can consider that too..

Yamaha rxv477 didn't have pre-outs...

Between the two, it is Pioneer as it has dual outputs and your requirement.. Yamaha has only single output...

You planning to buy from speakers from UK?

You have Taga Harmony in hifimart.com.. BS for 15K.. You can consider that too..

Yamaha rxv477 didn't have pre-outs...

will be finalising this week.
Yeah yamaha has only one out. Then i have to connect it to tv using component(Y/Pb/Pr) or have to buy a hdmi splitter.

regarding speakers.Seeing the prices there, its tempting. but the luggage..
If possible will try to get q 2020i/2010i.
Here, the price of wharfedale is priced sensibly. With 20% off it make it sweeter @hifimart.

pic of rxv477, it seems pre outs.
http://data.yamaha.jp/sdb/product/i..._g/AACE575D6996403691FA6B1FE68FBF91_12075.jpg

will be finalising this week.
Yeah yamaha has only one out. Then i have to connect it to tv using component(Y/Pb/Pr) or have to buy a hdmi splitter.

regarding speakers.Seeing the prices there, its tempting. but the luggage..
If possible will try to get q 2020i/2010i.
Here, the price of wharfedale is priced sensibly. With 20% off it make it sweeter @hifimart.

pic of rxv477, it seems pre outs.
http://data.yamaha.jp/sdb/product/i..._g/AACE575D6996403691FA6B1FE68FBF91_12075.jpg

If you don't have baggage issues, then buying from UK is better, pricing too should be good..

I guess they are not pre-outs, but Analogue out... Pre-outs are usually found on mid range models.. Incase on Yamaha, RX V 6xx series upwards...

If you don't have baggage issues, then buying from UK is better, pricing too should be good..

I guess they are not pre-outs, but Analogue out... Pre-outs are usually found on mid range models.. Incase on Yamaha, RX V 6xx series upwards...

yeah, AV out. Can it be taken as stereo pre out? I was not referring to 5.1 out.
But rxv679 has no audio outs. But it does n't matter "now". ultimately a pre/pro :).

yeah, AV out. Can it be taken as stereo pre out? I was not referring to 5.1 out.
But rxv679 has no audio outs. But it does n't matter "now". ultimately a pre/pro :).
Nope.. If it is pre-out, manufacturer would usually place it close to subwoofer pre-out and mention it... What is aval on rxv 477 is Analogue out only....

Look for images for Yamaha rxv 671/673 there will be pre-outs mentioned clearly....

finally bought the yamaha RXA840.:yahoo:. will be getting it by next month. eagerly waiting for that.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back