Denon X2200w failing. Time for a new AVR. Suggestions - Marantz,Yamaha or Pioneer

sunster

My Denon X2200w is now showing its premature age and I will be upgrading soon. I have narrowed it down to Marantz SR6013, Yamaha Aventage A880 or A1080, Pioneer LX-503. I wont go in for Denon again and im leaning more on the Yamaha and Pioneer since I want to try out something new. Have used Denon and Marantz in the past. My speakers are all Paradigm- Fronts Monitor 9s, also have added 2 paradigm in ceiling atmos speakers. What would be a good choice for this system. Any inputs appreciated.

Last edited:
What exactly is showing is its age in your receiver? Service centre not helping?

Coming to New receivers that's a lovely list you have. Question is what is your requirement? Wattage, channels, inputs & outputs, auto setup version, sound signature,support, etc? None of those receivers are bad, what needs to be asked is which of them suits your requirements best. So have you auditioned any of them?

MaSh

My Denon X2200w is now showing its premature age and I will be upgrading soon. I have narrowed it down to Marantz SR6013, Yamaha Aventage A880 or A1080, Pioneer LX-503. I wont go in for Denon again and im leaning more on the Yamaha and Pioneer since I want to try out something new. Have used Denon and Marantz in the past. My speakers are all Paradigm- Fronts Monitor 9s, also have added 2 paradigm in ceiling atmos speakers. What would be a good choice for this system. Any inputs appreciated.

Audition is important.....since you have already used Denon and Marantz, perhaps tasting the Yamaha A1080 would make better sense.....it is a different planet when compared to regular Yamahas.....@Celester340 uses one such series.....Check the specs and see if the model is good enough to feed the speakers you have....i feel the A880 may fall a bit short.....

Pioneer is not too bad.....its more inclined towards movies....so compare both brands, specs etc and take a call....check for first hand user experience and feedback in the dedicated owner threads of available on HFV

You have very good speakers,
you can look into high level receivers from Denon (from AVR-X4400H), Marantz 6013,7013 or you have budget buy ultimate SR 8012, or Yamaha 1080, 2080, or Anthem (its different budget and performance than others )all above receivers that i mentioned are very good performers.

Wow. Thats really good advice. Thanks a lot. Will check for the Yamaha as I have been seeing good reviews on it. How does Yamaha perform with music. Any info.

What exactly is showing is its age in your receiver? Service centre not helping?

Coming to New receivers that's a lovely list you have. Question is what is your requirement? Wattage, channels, inputs & outputs, auto setup version, sound signature,support, etc? None of those receivers are bad, what needs to be asked is which of them suits your requirements best. So have you auditioned any of them?

MaSh
Of late my Denon 2200w goes silent. No Audio...but video passes through. I tried everything in the book and on the net but to no avail. Will have to send it to the Service Center.

I have narrowed it down to Marantz SR6013 and the Yamaha A1080 now and leaning more toward the Yamaha.

This particular model of Yamaha is quite warm towards music....heard the A1070 at Celester340 home.....nice signature....it will do a good job for both equally.

The SR6013 is a steady performer, never failing to deliver the awesome SQ coupled with features fro movies and music.......my vote is Marantz....since you want something different....then Yamaha should do the trick.....

Check all specs and even audition where you can to take a final call!

All the best!

Of late my Denon 2200w goes silent. No Audio...but video passes through. I tried everything in the book and on the net but to no avail. Will have to send it to the Service Center.
Hmm did you try switching the hdmi cable?

MaSh

I often face such issues with my Denon X2000, I need to reset 1-2 times and it fixes the issue. I have noticed after disconnecting and reconnecting my speaker wires, it happens. See, if it helps

I recently upgraded all my HDMI cables and everything worked for about 2 months.This issue has started since 2 days. Have reset it several times but its a no go. Also with ref to my earlier question I have further narrowed down my AVR selection to Yamaha A880 and Marantz SR6013. Also looking at Denon. Any equivalents suggested?

If you are willing to try something new, why not a Emotiva Pre Power set up from the BasX series? Should definitely wake up those Paradigm's compared to any integrated Av receiver. Proven no ends as a solid foundation for music and film.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back