AVR suggestions

Not yet... looking at options. I have a multi-channel power amp already so don't want to buy a receiver... want to go separates.

Just a thought... I could just run 5.1 but not sure if that's a complete waste given the new surround formats. Confused!

Hello varadas...

You state that you already have a multi-channel power amp, but don't say how many channels and output.
If you are interested in Dolby Atmos (or immersive audio in general), I would suggest that you reconsider your position of not wanting an AVR.

The biggest advantage (and potential cost savings) that I see is that if you don't already have 11 channels of amplification, adding a receiver like the Marantz SR7011 (or its Denon sibling) would give you 11.2 channels of audio processing plus the added bonus of 9 channels of internal amplification that can be used where needed.

For example, if you already own a 5 channel power amp, you can use it to drive your floor channels and use the internal amps of the AVR to drive your 4 overhead spkrs to achieve a 5.1.4 Atmos setup. If you have a 7 channel amp, you can do the same to achieve a full 7.1.4 setup.

Or… you could sell your current multi-channel amp, buy a brand new high power 2 channel amp to drive only your L/R "stereo" channels while using your 9 internal amps to drive your remaining HT channels.

Many people use AVRs as processors only and achieve excellent results... the Denon and Marantz offerings have excellent preamplifier output stages and will supply more than enough "unclipped" voltage to drive virtually any outboard power amplifier to its fullest potential.

See if this would be a feasible option for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide...

The NR1509 should be 34k on hifimart itself. (the owners of this site, the product listed will be the NR1508 but they'll ship the 1509.

@hydrovac,

I have a 5 channel power amp 60W/ch... was thinking about running a 5.1 system.
Guess I could also get a receiver with latest decoding and just use the pre-amp section too?

Thanks very much for the info, it's very helpful.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back