AVR with 2.1 speakers for 45k

indy

My previous system has gone kaput. I had the Pioneer 322VSX AVR and the RS32 speaker set. The subwoofer and AVR have conked off.

I plan on reusing the center and surround speakers. I plan on using them along with a new AVR and a 2.1 speaker system. What would you guys suggest?

I have a Bravia TV with HDMI ARC. Need to use a single remote to control both TV and speaker system otherwise parents would find it difficult to use.

75% usage will be for watching DTH and the remaining 25% split between watching movies and listening to some FM radio or music from the pen drive.

Hi,

Thats unfortunate. What lead to their conking off?

Now that you say its for your parents, do you really want them to use a receiver and 5.1 speaker set? Why not get them a nice Active 2.1 setup from Sony, Panasonic, Swans, etc. that would be an improvement over your TV audio, although not as complicated to use multiple systems.

MaSh

It did last around 4 years. First, the receiver wouldn't switch on. Gave it for repair to the official service center and they told me there was a problem with the board and charged me 5k for it. 3 months later it doesn't switch HDMI inputs and i get a droning sound from the speakers. The subwoofer also stopped working i.e. doesn't switch on.

I'm open to suggestions about going with a 2.1 set up. Any models in particular i should be looking at? Had a look at the home theater options of most of the major electronic brands and they didn't sound even half as good as my pioneer (which itself is widely panned on this forum).

Kind of a dumb question, if i buy a 2.1 set up, what will drive the speakers? The built in sound of the TV?

Went and auditioned a few speakers:

First up was the Polk Audio TL 1600 home theater paired with the Denox X 540BT. Sounded great. Cost was around 72k though.

Next up was the Taga Harmony 606 V3 paired with the Taga subwoofer. Had high hopes for this after reading a lot of rave reviews on this site. Surprisingly, found it quite harsh especially during action scenes (Deadpool). That was also paired with the Denon. Cost was around 60k.

Auditioned the Jamo S426 paired with a Jamo sub. Sounded the best to me but was way out of my budget at close to 80k with the receiver

Lastly, auditioned the JBL Cinema 610. Sounded great as well. Was tempted to pick this up on the spot but thought i'd audition a few more before finalizing by the end of this week.

Another vendor told me i'd be better off buying a pair of Polk S50 floor standers. He said i'd not even miss the sub for regular usage.

Any other suggestions guys? I've finalized on the Denon X 540BT since most of the vendors i spoke to were against buying a Pioneer AVR because of their iffy after sales (Personally experienced it as well)

What other speakers (under 30k) should i audition. I don't mind if it's a 5.1 or a 2.1 package.

If 75% dth usage and ease of use is important, why not a soundbar like polk magnifi mini. Will save a lot of money as well.

I plan on reusing the center and surround speakers.

Are you not planning to re-use the fronts too?..

I plan on using them along with a new AVR and a 2.1 speaker system.

If you would be re-using all the 5 satellites, then you will need only a sub..

The room is quite big. Almost 400 sq feet.

Since the room is fairly large, may be you can consider adding dual subs..

Are you not planning to re-use the fronts too?..

If you would be re-using all the 5 satellites, then you will need only a sub..

Since the room is fairly large, may be you can consider adding dual subs..

He could but was hoping for an upgrade. Since most of the time the fronts are the ones doing the work, he thought he'd upgrade them along with the sub.

Naah, dual subs won't be required.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back