B&w 684

ilar

Hi All,

I am a new entry. I am planning to go for a B&W 684 and NAD 355 / Rotel RA 06. My room size is 16X11. I have almost decided to go for the above B&W. Any advices? Does anyone know the exact price?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Sir. Appreciate your comments. Is Dynaudio much better when compared to this 600 series? If yes, what is the cost difference between the two for a similar configuration?

Also, if i want to go for a pre-power combination, which would you recommend and why?

Hi
Which dyna is better than which B&W. If the question is not regarding specific models u will get vague answers.
If u are spending 80/90 K on a 684 I think u will get better sound looking at other brands. IMO that kind of outlay gets u a better speaker than a 684.
If u do still go 684 then buy an amp that is 'bigger' and biwire as audioengr suggested.
Why not look for older, preowned 603 at half that amount instead?
Rgds

I would second Dinyaar , Instead of B&W 684 the Older 603 sounded better. Dynaudio are tough speakers to drive and and you have to spend twice the amount for amplifier. But if you do that they are superb.

I would second Dinyaar , Instead of B&W 684 the Older 603 sounded better. Dynaudio are tough speakers to drive and and you have to spend twice the amount for amplifier. But if you do that they are superb.

I would second dali and third(!) dinyaar!

For that kinda money you could go for a New Monitor Audio Siler RX6.

Couple it with a good amp and source and you've got a guaranteed 'ugraditis-proof' set up for atleast 3-5 years!

Hi All,

I am a new entry. I am planning to go for a B&W 684 and NAD 355 / Rotel RA 06. My room size is 16X11. I have almost decided to go for the above B&W. Any advices? Does anyone know the exact price?

Thanks in advance.

Forget 684, hear the RX6 with RA06, good synergy, and you're done.

:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back