Back to tubes

Hi Nikhil, that is the Line magnetic LM211IA, El34 based integrated amp. Was using it to drive the Contrasts. Nice amp., but I liked the Kt88 version, the 216IA better.
Cheers,
Sid

The dynaudio excite x16's doing duty in my main system - really smooth sounding, I have a soft spot for any Dynaudio transducer - and also a new addition to my second system.
Cheers,
Sid

Attachments

• dunaudio xcite.jpg
    dunaudio xcite.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 306
  • linemagnetic502.jpg
    linemagnetic502.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
The dynaudio excite x16's doing duty in my main system - really smooth sounding, I have a soft spot for any Dynaudio transducer - and also a new addition to my second system.
Cheers,
Sid

Hi sid congrats
I am confused...
Is the lm dac or dynas new addition to your second setup?

I think the Dyns are a review pair if I'm not wrong.

Sid How does the LM DAC sound?

Yes the x16's are the borrowed review pair from Hifitoday. I was testing them out in my main system. The LM sounds great. Planning a detailed review for HFtoday soon.
Cheers,
Sid

Had them shipped from US. I have not found anybody selling individual acoustic panels here yet unfortunately.
Cheers
Sid

Hello Sid,
how did u ship those from US .... GIK themselves done the shipping ..or any third party ??
Also i needed some help with my setup ..... somebody was referring you , I am looking for some acoustic solution for my setup. Can you help me?

Cheers,
Aditya

Hello Sid,
how did u ship those from US .... GIK themselves done the shipping ..or any third party ??
Also i needed some help with my setup ..... somebody was referring you , I am looking for some acoustic solution for my setup. Can you help me?

Cheers,
Aditya

I used to live in US and got them in a container during my TR (transfer of residence) process. Sure I can guide you with some suggestions from a user perspective as I am not an expert.
Cheers,
Sid

Some truly excellent speakers that passed through my listening room recently. The Spatial Hologram M1 Turbo's.
Cheers,
Sid

Attachments

• spatial1l.jpg
    spatial1l.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Thanks guys. These are excellent speakers and easily one of the best speakers I have heard recently.
Cheers,
Sid

Well designed open baffle speakers are always a treat to listen:)

I had the Linkwitz designed Audio Artistry Beethoven which were truly great speakers

A new addition to my second system. The northstar impulso dsd DAC. Dipping my feet into DSD playback. If I feel that the sound is vastly improved then I will upgrade to DSD in my main setup as well.
Cheers,
Sid

Attachments

• impulso.jpg
    impulso.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Wonderful. Listening experience awaited. What's the burn in period?
Nothing in manual so I am expecting 20-30 hours at most. Today I listened to some PCM tracks and was pleasantly suprised at the SQ of even 16/44 recordings. Warm and analog sounding. In the next few days I will try DSD - got 3 versions of Miles Davis "In a silent way" lined up:
1. 16/44 - Flac
2.24/96 - Flac
3. DSD128

Cheers,
Sid

I was very very impressed by the Northstar design dac+transport at the Rethm studio. Very analog and open sound. I am not surprised you are finding it good. The fact that this baby Northstar does dsd is a huge bonus.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back