Backyard Theatre

thomasalex

Hello
I am new to this forum.
I have a panasonic AX100 projector and i would like to setup a backyard theatre at my home.
I am planning for a screen size of 16ft * 9 Ft and i do not want to setup a very expensive setup. A screen which can be set up and removed with ease.
does anyone of you have a similar setup.
Will projecting on to a flex vinyl screen be ok. Has anyone tried it out.
Is any other material available for a screen of this size.
Rgds
Thomas

What is a backyard theater? You mean it is going to be outdoors? What about sound amplification?

For a portable screen, go to a shop that sells projectors and screens for office purposes. They will have this screen on a stand that you can install anywhere you want. After the movie is over, you can roll the screen and keep it away.

Cheers

Hi Thomas,

Let me guess. You have a 2000 lumens projector and you are looking for a 16 x 9 ft screen.

If the distance of the projector is gonna be more than 10 - 12 ft from the screen, then you will be not optimally using your projector. (Sorry if my guess is not right).

I have a similar setup for a Acer PD116 projector. At 13 ft, the setup is not as good as my LCD (I should never be comparing it). I brought a matte finish instalock screen from Satguru Traders (Distributors sharp and NEC projector|projector screens|cables mumbai) and they are very professional. I got mine for Rs. 6200 for a 7" x 5" and it is really great.

I hope that this information helps.

Ashiff

Hi Thomas,

Let me guess. You have a 2000 lumens projector and you are looking for a 16 x 9 ft screen.

If the distance of the projector is gonna be more than 10 - 12 ft from the screen, then you will be not optimally using your projector. (Sorry if my guess is not right).

I have a similar setup for a Acer PD116 projector. At 13 ft, the setup is not as good as my LCD (I should never be comparing it). I brought a matte finish instalock screen from Satguru Traders (Distributors sharp and NEC projector|projector screens|cables mumbai) and they are very professional. I got mine for Rs. 6200 for a 7" x 5" and it is really great.

I hope that this information helps.

Ashiff

Hi Ashiff

How would you rate the screen, in terms of quality and material and handling.
I am also looking out to buy a screen shortly and i am looking for a decent screen with a good gain, what is the gain of the screen you have bought.

Please provide some feedback and review on the same ...
I am also planning to go for a instalock screen which will hung from the roof

Hi,

The screen is a matte finish and is quite good. If you ever come to my home, you will be guessing where I have put my screen. it is just below the curtain rod and is not visible, a very good pick. It is light weight and works fine and the biggest advantage is that it does not take much space other than a 7 feet by 5 inches by 5 inches tube space. The instalock is a better choice given that you do not have to keep rolling it manually. Actually, instalock will increase the life of the screen as there would be very little manual handling.

There are no gain in this screen. If you are looking for a screen with gain, then the price range goes to that of a projector itself. I have never seen one and I cannot comment on it. This screen is decent and well finished. The pictures are quite clear. I will recommend the screen for the price and size.

Ashiff

What is a backyard theater? You mean it is going to be outdoors? What about sound amplification?

For a portable screen, go to a shop that sells projectors and screens for office purposes. They will have this screen on a stand that you can install anywhere you want. After the movie is over, you can roll the screen and keep it away.

Cheers

I have a backyard at home and planning to setup up an open air theatre atmosphere. It is possible to watch only at night. If you search google for backyard theatre, there are lot of links to it.
To have a weekend night with a movie and a barbeque out in the garden. Thats only my intention.
For speakers - something portable should be setup.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back