Bad quality audio from ipod to car AUX

Hi,

Following points for your consideration here :
1. If you connect using the 3.5 mm jack on both sides (i.e. headphone out to aux in) then your ipod volume setting would play a major part if the sound is distorted. The best you can do here is play at a lower volume from the ipod. After some trial and error you will find the best volume level for the ipod and your stereo which gives you the best under this condition.
2. A superior connection is to take the actual "line out" from the ipod. There are many such adapters (I guess one of the above pictures also shows it). If you connect from the line out to the Aux in then you cannot fiddle with the ipod volume and you would get a far better Sound qual. Check out and see if you need such an ipod dock

1. I tried at lower volume, but it doesn't really improve the situation
2. Ok, but when I listen to the ipod through my Koss KSC75 headphones through the normal jack they sound great. There shouldn't be such a big difference in quality, I think.

Rule out two possibilities.
Your cable is a stereo one and not mono. See pic

stereomono.jpg

Your aux in Sony has gone bad. To check this, use anything that has a headphone jack (cell phone, another mp3 player, walkman, tape recorder, etc), connect it to the car stereo and play something. If it doesn't play properly with any other device, probably the aux needs repair.

So it's a stereo cable.
I currently don't have another device with media on it, everything is on my ipod touch so can't checck the second point.
Actually just thought of something- Could it be that the an MP3 cd sounds better because of Sony's decoder (possibly not really true to the original, but good for car speakers)?

I currently don't have another device with media on it, everything is on my ipod touch so can't checck the second point.

Try borrowing something from someone for 10 minutes. Get a laptop atleast.

Actually just thought of something- Could it be that the an MP3 cd sounds better because of Sony's decoder (possibly not really true to the original, but good for car speakers)?
I don't think so.

I found a way to improve the sound: ipod on flat EQ and the sony stereo on Edge EQ presets. Alejandro sounds pretty good now :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back