Basic But Good Picture Quality Full HD 46"/47"/50" LED's Under 70k In Mumbai ?????

jashamara

Hey guys, I'm finally moving from CRT to LED this Christmas :yahoo:

Im looking for a Full HD 46/47/50 inch LED TV that has good picture, no motion blur and average sound under 70k in Mumbai.
I'm looking for a basic LED, no 3D or smart features required. If I can get 3D and smart features under 70k then that will be like an add on. But my requirement is a basic 2D LED with good picture.

When it comes to conections i'm looking for at least 2 HDMI ports, 1 USB, PC and separate composite and component ports, as i'm still using non HDMI electronics.

Full HD Plasma's of 46/47/50 inch will also do, but, under 70k and same requirements. I'm just worried about the whole burn thing i have been reading everywhere.

Please help me guys with all your suggestions, Christmas is around the corner!!!! :sad:

Re: Basic But Good Picture Quality Full HD 46"/47"/50" LED's Under 70k In Mumbai ????

thanks man :) i used the search option but there are way too many results. and through your reply, do you mean to say that only 2 good picture LED's come under the 70k budget??? I checked the samsung plasma link you provided, its a thread on and regarding THAT specific model.
and like i said, im not looking for 3D and smart tv. Looking for the basics.

Last edited:
Re: Basic But Good Picture Quality Full HD 46"/47"/50" LED's Under 70k In Mumbai ????

Bought 46 incher LED Sony KDL-46R452A -No Smart features,No 3D.Basic full hd LED tv with great picture quality for the pricing.I got it for 65k in Kerala.
Must say Greatt tv for the pricing.

Samsung LED 46F5100-dropped it because of its shitty sound compared to Sony.
Samsung Plasma 51F5500-dropped it since my hall is well lit and the plasma brightness is so low for my hall.

Motion blur-I havent noticed any ,you may find it if you are a TV geek.

Component and composite ports- YES.
HDMI Ports -YES .There are total of 3 HDMI ports.
1 HDMI general
1 HDMI MHL(Mobile High Definition Link) ,which can be used for general purpose also
1 HDMI for analog audio input.
1 USB port

Check out the model on Sony India website for all info.

Dont forget to buy extended warranty for 3 years.I opted for Reliance Resq .You may go for Sony .Depends on your personal choice.

Bought 46 incher LED Sony KDL-46R452A -No Smart features,No 3D.Basic full hd LED tv with great picture quality for the pricing.I got it for 65k in Kerala.
Must say Greatt tv for the pricing.

Samsung LED 46F5100-dropped it because of its shitty sound compared to Sony.
Samsung Plasma 51F5500-dropped it since my hall is well lit and the plasma brightness is so low for my hall.

Motion blur-I havent noticed any ,you may find it if you are a TV geek.

Component and composite ports- YES.
HDMI Ports -YES .There are total of 3 HDMI ports.
1 HDMI general
1 HDMI MHL(Mobile High Definition Link) ,which can be used for general purpose also
1 HDMI for analog audio input.
1 USB port

Check out the model on Sony India website for all info.

Dont forget to buy extended warranty for 3 years.I opted for Reliance Resq .You may go for Sony .Depends on your personal choice.

Thanks for the details Nikhilmk9. Really appreciate it. The sony KDL-46R452A is 73k here in Mumbai. I checked it out, its really good :sad: but the dealers, they dont reduce the price for sony or samsung here, so im in a fix.

Can NEVER compare sound to Sony, thats that. Is the Samsung LED 46F5100 bad in sound or just average? and Hows the pic quality when you checked it out? I havent checked it out. Price here is 74k

When it comes down to the plasma, the Samsung Plasma 51F5500 is one plasma that many seem to be talking about, but now that your talking about the brightness issue. The price here is 76,500k on amazon.in. The light in my living room is, ok i guess, no bright bright. Im only worries about that burn in issue everyone talks about in Plasmas. No doubt there is a tutorial on ways to skip it. I might follow it, but I highly doubt that my family members will.

Samsung LED 46F5100 :
Picture Quality :shown by Reliance guy was not good compared to Sony.He pointed out natural skin tone colour difference on SD channels in both tvs side by side ,Sony was much better.He also said clear resolution enhancer technology in Sony is an addon to the clarity.

Sound clarity :Samsung was average,but shittier in front of Sony.I watched Conjuring Bluray rip through USB on the day i bought the tv.It was superb .Good enough bass i have to say even at higher volume levels for an entry level LED.

Samsung Plasma 51F5500 :
Plasma panels looks dull infront of LED brightness . End of the day LED turned out to be an eye candy for me.Ruled out Samsung 51F5500 after seeing it along with 46R452A.Burnin and image retention on plasma also was a -ve for me.

As far as price is considered,78k on Sony website is MRP.But anywhere you go they will come down to 73 k first(even in my case),from there you have to negotiate .73 k is really on higher side for the tv.
I had enquired in Coimbatore and Mysore for the model, they all quoted me 68k .Online stores are offering it for 68 k.Check it out.

Last edited:

Thanks for the additional info, im definitely gonna check it out. If I can manage to get the Sony less than 70 then Im gonna get it. Still have other brands in my mind though.

When It comes down to online stores, do you think its safe? Flipkart, snapdeal and stuff. Genuine stuff? I DONT mind purchasing the Sony online since uve already told me about all that it offer and the picture quality, so i dont think i need to check it out in person.

Ok guys, im reallllyyyyy sorry for the trouble, but my MAX budget has been reduced to 60k. I'm guessing its a byebye to a 50 inch fUll HD LED. Unless i buy a Vu 50k160 on home shome18 for 62k. BUT AGAIN, IM LOOKING FOR GOOD PICTURE QUALITY,SO.......!?!?!?

ANYWAY, BESIDES THE 42" Panasonic E6D (58.5K ON SNAPDEAL).... BTW...whats the difference between the E6D AND E5D????

any idea about the Toshiba 46PX200 46 ???? its for 40k online on shopclues and about 51 on snapdeal.

P.S. IF I AN GET A GOOD PICTURE QUALITY 2D 46 INCH UNDER 60K, THAT WILL BE AMAZING. THERE ARE HIGH CHANCES OF ME MAKING A PURCHASE ONLINE, AS THEY BARELY HAVE THE BASIC 2D TV'S ANYMORE AT REGULAR RETAIL STORES HERE IN MUMBAI.

Last edited:

My 2 cents, Panasonic E6D is good in the budget.As there is a budget drop. Buy any TV you want, but do not buy it online as there are plenty of horror stories around for the same. Go to any local dealer and buy wherever you get the best price. I would not recommend buying a 40" tv online through snapdeal or shopclues. Buy from dealer see and inspect the product, tomorrow for any issues you can catch hold of him.

Online you will keep chasing them for refund. Rest is your wish.

Last edited:

OK, I have the Panasonic 42E6D in my mind as my first option since many members have said that its a good LED.

However, when im checking other LED's in person, what do I keep in mind?? any particulars???

OK, I have the Panasonic 42E6D in my mind as my first option since many members have said that its a good LED.

However, when im checking other LED's in person, what do I keep in mind?? any particulars???

Compare with Sony,Samsung & LG in the same price range. See what models are coming in your budget. I have seen couple of threads running on LG, Sony and Samsung LED's. Just see the user reviews and feedback. Decide on the models that are in your budget. Go to couple of stores demo the product, see the pricing and buy the one you like the most.

I do not know what is the current price of S60 plasma from Panasonic, but that TV should meet your requirement (no motion issues, no 3D, good PQ).

Look for some thread where you get pricing and availability information for S60.

compliments of the season guys!!!

*IMPORTANT*

I went to Snehanjali in Mumbai, they had the much talked about PANASONIC 42E6D which had the cost price of 65K and I was getting it for 53k
HOWEVER, there was no packed piece. ITS A DEMO VERSION THAT HAS BEEN ON DISPLAY SINCE 20TH NOVEMBER. Is it worth it????? BTW how do I check the TV MODEL NO. On The TV and also the usage time on this tv.

I checked out the LG LN5400 at Vijay Sales which had the cost price of 56k and I was getting it for 49k

Since I have heard a lot about the Panasonic E6D, I asked for it at Vijay Sales, but the sales person told me that has been discontinued and replaced with the EV6D. Is that true????

Anyway, WHAT SHOULD I GO FOR??????????????????????????????????????? WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO FOR???????

That's not true at all and EV6D is only available in 39" here in India.

That's not true at all and EV6D is only available in 39" here in India.

anubisX, what about the E6D, is it really discontinued??? and a 42inch demo piece on display for 53k.... is that worth it????? (53k AFTER BARGINING SOOO MUCH)

OR, what about the LG LN5400???? any idea?????

Are you kidding me ? Why would they discontinue a 2013 model which came out couple of months back ? Besides, it's their best VFM LED, claimed. The seller just want you to grab that demo units, don't fall for their BS. Next shipment of LEDs are coming and will be available in a week so don't buy just yet.

What is the current price of 50e6?

50E6D will cost you around 74-78K depending on your area.

Is there a ups for tv ? Frequent power cut here and it will be nice if I can safely switch off the tv like we do in computer when there is power failure. Any suggestions please.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back