Basic System Configuration to play Blu Ray ISO?

andy78

Guys wanted to check what will be the basic configuration that I need to play a Blu Ray ISO.

I currently have PC which has the following
Core2Duo 2.13 GHZ
4GB RAM
Motherboard Intel DG965 RY

No additional Graphics Card installed currently.

Will the above configuration suffice?

Last edited:
You didnt mention what is your GPU is it inbuilt in motherboard or a separate card. Based on that if you have the software's like Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD which are priced or else you can use the XBMC to play the Blu-ray ISO files without laxing your system.

Thanks

CPU and memory is okay. You will need to upgrade to a GPU with HDMI out. You will also need to change the PSU and add a MCE remote.

You didnt mention what is your GPU is it inbuilt in motherboard or a separate card. Based on that if you have the software's like Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD which are priced or else you can use the XBMC to play the Blu-ray ISO files without laxing your system.

Thanks

I don't have external Graphics card. It's inbuilt.

I don't have external Graphics card. It's inbuilt.

Hi andy

As baiju suggested getting a separate gpu card is worth upgrade and certainly the gt430 or slightly higher gt440 card should hold good even for 3D playback. Do consider to upgrade the gpu.

Thanks

Guys wanted to check what will be the basic configuration that I need to play a Blu Ray ISO.

The capability of an HTPC to play ISO has more to do with the software than the hardware. Any PC with 4GB of RAM and an HDMI can play ISO as long as the software supports it.

One of the safest ways is to mount the ISO file as a drive. When you do this, you default player should automatically start up, identify the occurence of a drive with media, and start playing it. When you do this, you do not need any special media player. You can use Slysoft's Virtual clone drive for mounting ISO files.

Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back