Bass Cannon

bass cannon

Does anyone remember a speaker called the bass cannon? I'm sure the name is wrong because I have been searching the internet and came up with nothing, It's basically a 10' (or so) long tube with a subwoofer attached to the end. It was produced by a popular speaker manufacturer and now I can't remember which one. I saw it about 10 + years ago at a speaker shop in St Paul, MN when I was getting some tweeters re-wired. I never forgot about it because It looked so cool at the time. I believe it was wrapped in speaker carpet, it was hanging from the ceiling, I don't remember the price but I wanted it so bad. Any help would be great, I know the '90's isnt that vintage but I thought I'd give this a shot.

On searching for images, I was able to see photos of a subwoofer tube by the name of 'Bass Cannon'.

On searching a bit, I got to find out that Bass Cannon was a single-driver (8 inches) powered car sub-tube and was sold by Spark-O-Matic back in the early 1990s, through outlets like Walmart.

Also not too many want this these days, saw an ebay post where it sold for $2 and another post where the owner talks about is plans to throw his away.

Check this out (scroll to the relevant part of the pages):

Stereo gurus - car amp help needed....

Bass Cannon 100 watts sub tube no amp needed as built in and

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back