Bass Controls on Amplifier

sandeepk

I have question on this. Any changes on Bass control on an amplifier will affect the sub woofer line out also, right?

Is there a way where i can direct all low frequencies (say 30Hz to 120Hz) ONLY to Subwoofer and not to the main speakers? Is it possible or my understanding is wrong?

I'd appreciate any of your expereinces in connecting a sub for music listening. I use Cambridge Audio 640AV2 + KEF iQ9 Speakers and planning to add a Wharfedale SW150.

Cheers, Sandeep

I have question on this. Any changes on Bass control on an amplifier will affect the sub woofer line out also, right?

Is there a way where i can direct all low frequencies (say 30Hz to 120Hz) ONLY to Subwoofer and not to the main speakers? Is it possible or my understanding is wrong?

I'd appreciate any of your expereinces in connecting a sub for music listening. I use Cambridge Audio 640AV2 + KEF iQ9 Speakers and planning to add a Wharfedale SW150.

Cheers, Sandeep

The Bass control will effect the output to the speaker terminals and the pre-out from the amplifier.

The other way that you can control or direct all low frequencies to the sub-woofer is to use an external crossover.

I am surprised that you are not satisfied with the bass output of the KEF IQ9??

How many hours have you run the speakers?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back