Bass heavy bookshelf speakers for 15k

psyph3r

I already have a stereo amp suggestion thread.
Now i want to start the same for speakers here.
Budget 15k can stretch a little.
I am a bass head so plz suggest accordingly.
Was looking at KEF C3's but that has pathetic reviews.

Wharfedale 9.2

Maybe not that good with details but since your main criteria is more bass. Its quiet a VFM product. Check it out

What bout the Polk Audio RTi A3's ??
Would like an opinion from someone who owns them here.

+1 to above,Wharf 9.2.
If you want smaller,then Tannoy F1(Bass not heavy,but good sound)

Bass heavy??? Check Polk TSi 100 (11k) and TSi 200 (15k). I own a pair of TSi 100's ,and am happy with the bass :). Audition these speakers for more than an hour and then decide.

BASS, I LOVE YOU :D.

PS: Placement plays a very very important role :).

I own a Pair of Polk Rti A3 and I am using it for my second setup but I wouln't say that they are Bass heavy but IMO if you really want Bass heavy speakers try out Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 BS which are avaliable in your range and are considered pretty Bass heavy, but here also add another 5K towards the cost of stands.

by bass heavy if you mean 'thump' and that slightly rounded, bass sound that you tend to associate with car subs......then for 15k you should definitely look at Wharfedale 10.1s (they sell for 14 or less i think). In addition to the fact that its LFE is pretty impressive for a bookshelf (they rate it down to the high 30s) they've also 'boosted' the bass a tad i think (i could be wrong of course).....and of course, it's rear ported so if you want some serious 'thump' just keep it a bit closer to your rear walls. It's not the most detailed speaker around but it has a very sweet midrange and a smooth top-end, overall making it an enjoyable speaker to listen to. The further you position it from your rear wall the more high-end the sound gets, the closer you keep it to the rear wall the more it will appeal to the bass-head in you.

I already have a stereo amp suggestion thread.
Now i want to start the same for speakers here.
Budget 15k can stretch a little.
I am a bass head so plz suggest accordingly.
Was looking at KEF C3's but that has pathetic reviews.

Why dont you check out Mission M32i. I own a couple of them and the bass is very good.

I own a Pair of Polk Rti A3 and I am using it for my second setup but I wouln't say that they are Bass heavy but IMO if you really want Bass heavy speakers try out Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 BS which are avaliable in your range and are considered pretty Bass heavy, but here also add another 5K towards the cost of stands.

hi Ashish,

could you give a brief review of the A3s? I am evaluating them as well, as fronts for my second system or as rears for my first.

thanks in advance

Hi:

The other BS mentioned here are good for bass. My take would be the excellent MA BR2, very bass heavy, if biwired and close to rear wall, they're in business.

An audition of all the BS said above would help you decide.

:)

hi Ashish,

could you give a brief review of the A3s? I am evaluating them as well, as fronts for my second system or as rears for my first.

thanks in advance

Polk Rti A3 has a 1" silk dome tweeter and a 6.5" Mid woofer in it. This speaker is slighly on the bigger size if you campare it with standard BS speakers in the market and it also needs a bit of careful system matching too since these tend to be a little on the bright side so a laid back system would tame it down a bit. These speakers are ideal for a small to a medium sized room, remeber to place them on a dedicated stands to bring out the most from them.
Bass is ok for its size but once you pair it with a Sub they complete the spectrum.

if we could refine ( or expand ?/ ) the thread a bit more.. members could chip in with their suggestions on better / best wall mounted speakers ( front ported ) for about 20K ?

Dali Lektor 1
Dali Lektor 2
Tannoy Custom
Infinity Primus 150
etc..

Has anyone had an experience with JBL L820's ?

mpw

I dont know about bass heavy. But I have always thought the PSB Alpha B1 is a very balanced speaker for its price - less than Rs. 15000. Its every bit a value for money purchase.

The MA BR2 is possibly slightly overpriced but is also a very good speaker.

The Diamond from Wharfedale is probably the best buy for people wanting quantity in bass.

Oh, and personally I wont recommend the Polk RTiA 3 for music. It is just a tad too harsh. Perhaps that applies only to the kind of music I listen..

In any case do audition the speaker before buying it.

Hey Guyz

Have you all Checked out the all new Q Acoustics 2000 Series...

The 2020 Bookshelve...
The specification is as same as the 1020i, but they are a bit improoved, with deep base...

The regular Black n Walnut finish costs Rs.15K, where the Gloss costs Rs.16.5K...

Let me help u guys suggest somethin.
I like listening to all genres but its mostly progressive, psytrance, trance and house. Recommend something for the same.
Is there any audiophile here from Pune ??

Let me help u guys suggest somethin.
I like listening to all genres but its mostly progressive, psytrance, trance and house. Recommend something for the same.
Is there any audiophile here from Pune ??

For electronic music Cerwin Vega CLS-6 would be a good choice. But you will have to audition it to be sure if it fulfills your bass requirements

Also the distributor Rivera International are very erratic with their prices. They just quote any damn amount.
I am not sure about the prices right now

They have a showroom at Inorbit Mall, Malad in Mumbai. So maybe you can call them and tell them to keep a demo ready for you.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back