Bass Shakers

donmathew90

Hey Everyone - I'm thinking of getting bass shakers for my HT. I went through a lot of threads online and the general consensus is that it adds a lot of value to an existing setup. I was wondering what your thoughts are on it.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm planning to get from Amazon (US):
  • Dayton Audio BST-300EX​

• Dynasty Pro Audio WSA-5TR-V2 Wireless Subwoofer Speaker Kit​

• Fosi Amplifier from Amazon (IN)​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219_122610_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_122610_Chrome.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 35
Hey Everyone - I'm thinking of getting bass shakers for my HT. I went through a lot of threads online and the general consensus is that it adds a lot of value to an existing setup. I was wondering what your thoughts are on it.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm planning to get from Amazon (US):
  • Dayton Audio BST-300EX​

• Dynasty Pro Audio WSA-5TR-V2 Wireless Subwoofer Speaker Kit​

• Fosi Amplifier from Amazon (IN)​

Not worth the price at all. The vibrations you feel are very minimal. Attaching bass shakers to the furniture is very tricky. You literally have to sit on them to get a good effect. The Fosi amp might not be powerful enough for them. If you are from Delhi you may visit me for a demo and then decide whether to spend all this money on bass shakers. Otherwise it is very possible you may not like them for the price you spend.

All this said adding vibrations and feeling the sound below 30-25Hz through your body is one of the best things that can be done to a home theater system but that should not cost a bomb. There are other methods like making DIY bass shaker from old speaker. There are many videos on youtube to do that but there are better ways also. I can help you with the amplifier part. Maybe also with making a DIY bass shaker.

Apart from this there are many other things like the type of furniture you want to use and the number of seats you want to vibrate. One such bass shaker is not enough for one seat. You will need atleast 2 maybe 4 bass shakers with powerful enough amplifier per seat to get good results.

I believe all of our's money is hard earned so do audition before you buy anything.

Not worth the price at all. The vibrations you feel are very minimal. Attaching bass shakers to the furniture is very tricky. You literally have to sit on them to get a good effect. The Fosi amp might not be powerful enough for them. If you are from Delhi you may visit me for a demo and then decide whether to spend all this money on bass shakers. Otherwise it is very possible you may not like them for the price you spend.

All this said adding vibrations and feeling the sound below 30-25Hz through your body is one of the best things that can be done to a home theater system but that should not cost a bomb. There are other methods like making DIY bass shaker from old speaker. There are many videos on youtube to do that but there are better ways also. I can help you with the amplifier part. Maybe also with making a DIY bass shaker.

Apart from this there are many other things like the type of furniture you want to use and the number of seats you want to vibrate. One such bass shaker is not enough for one seat. You will need atleast 2 maybe 4 bass shakers with powerful enough amplifier per seat to get good results.

I believe all of our's money is hard earned so do audition before you buy anything.
@ketansethi1987 Thanks for the detailed response! I do appreciate it 😀

Unfortunately, I'm not in Delhi so I wouldn't be able to demo your setup.

I thought a 300W bass shaker would be more than enough for a single recliner. I hope you didn't mix it up with Dayton's 50W bass shaker?

@ketansethi1987 Thanks for the detailed response! I do appreciate it 😀

Unfortunately, I'm not in Delhi so I wouldn't be able to demo your setup.

I thought a 300W bass shaker would be more than enough for a single recliner. I hope you didn't mix it up with Dayton's 50W bass shaker?
I did mix it up. Still I do not see it delivering 6 times vibrations compared to the 50W one. Again installation is very tricky. What if you do not get enough? There is no option to return it. Instead cut a hole and install subwoofer at the bottom of your furniture. Will cost you way less and will give way better effects.

It’s just few weeks back I installed aurasound AST 2B-4 pro bass shaker and they do enhances your overall exp. I have two recliner so installed 1 on each recliner. I purchased via desertcart and it came almost in a weeks time. I already had the miniDSP (kit) so set the cutoff to bass shaker around 40 Hz. Do let me know if you happen to be in Pune to test it out. IMG_0343.jpeg

It’s just few weeks back I installed aurasound AST 2B-4 pro bass shaker and they do enhances your overall exp. I have two recliner so installed 1 on each recliner. I purchased via desertcart and it came almost in a weeks time. I already had the miniDSP (kit) so set the cutoff to bass shaker around 40 Hz. Do let me know if you happen to be in Pune to test it out. View attachment 83730
That's awesome! I'm not in Pune to check it out unfortunately. How much did the bass shakers cost including customs and shipping?

That's awesome! I'm not in Pune to check it out unfortunately. How much did the bass shakers cost including customs and shipping?
It cost me around 18k total for 2 including shipping & customs. Customs was handled by desertcart. On Amazon India only one costs around 15k… loot hai

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back