Beasts of hifi audios

True... I have never dealt with this kind of literally-heavy-weight equipment, but once we get into that area, then, either big power amplifiers stand by themselves, or are supported on racking shelves where sufficient space can be given for the air to flow.

With a proper rack, and proper spacing, one can suit taste/convenience --- and, of course safety, both of the equipment, the user ...and any passing children!

Folks here a quick reply I received from Audiolab...

"Thanks for your enquiry. We can supply the Audiolab and ship to you but can you please confirm some details first? Do you want the standard 8200CD or the 8200CDQ? Which colour do you prefer, black or silver? What is your full delivery address in India?

I can then work out the total cost for you. The warranty on all Audiolab products purchased in the UK is for 2 years but this is only valid within the UK. If you buy one and have it sent there but then have a problem, there is no warranty available locally so you would have to return it to the UK and then pay shipping costs to send it back to India once serviced. If we supply a unit then we will normally open and test it for a minimum of 24 hours before we send it to make sure there are no problems when it leaves here. If you prefer to receive a sealed unit then that is fine but you would have to return it yourself if there was any problem. I did a quick check and there is no distributor in India at the moment so it would probably be impossible to get any service locally".

Kind regards,
Simon.

Glad its working for you.
The only downside with 8200CD unlike its CDQ counterpart is it doesn't take analog inputs otherwise its a quite capable with digital sources.

Could you elabrate what this means- it doesn't take analog inputs?

Thanks in anticipation.

8200CD = CDP + DAC + Digital PreAmp (No analog inputs)
8200CDQ= CDP + DAC + Digital PreAmp + Analog Pre-Amp + Class A Headphone Amp (Digital PreAmp or Analog Pre can be chosen for Digital Inputs but for Analog Inputs only Analog PreAmp works)

Both the products can be connected directly to a power amp.

Folks here a quick reply I received from Audiolab...

"Thanks for your enquiry. We can supply the Audiolab and ship to you but can you please confirm some details first? Do you want the standard 8200CD or the 8200CDQ? Which colour do you prefer, black or silver? What is your full delivery address in India?

I can then work out the total cost for you. The warranty on all Audiolab products purchased in the UK is for 2 years but this is only valid within the UK. If you buy one and have it sent there but then have a problem, there is no warranty available locally so you would have to return it to the UK and then pay shipping costs to send it back to India once serviced. If we supply a unit then we will normally open and test it for a minimum of 24 hours before we send it to make sure there are no problems when it leaves here. If you prefer to receive a sealed unit then that is fine but you would have to return it yourself if there was any problem. I did a quick check and there is no distributor in India at the moment so it would probably be impossible to get any service locally".

Kind regards,
Simon.

Nice to know you got a reply from them. Did you write to Audiolab or Bartletts HiFi?
Because the chap at Bartletts HiFi whom I spoke to about the possibility of taking orders from India his name is Simon too. If its the same Simon from Bartletts HiFi who replied to your email then I can say he is really a nice guy. If he insists for testing it for 24 hours then go with it as the Audiolab stuff is made in China and its not cheap to ship it back.
Also make sure VAT is waived off which would account for upto 10k INR or more depending on the model and shipping by FedEx 1-4 days should be about 6k.

Nice to know you got a reply from them. Did you write to Audiolab or Bartletts HiFi?
Because the chap at Bartletts HiFi whom I spoke to about the possibility of taking orders from India his name is Simon too. If its the same Simon from Bartletts HiFi who replied to your email then I can say he is really a nice guy. If he insists for testing it for 24 hours then go with it as the Audiolab stuff is made in China and its not cheap to ship it back.
Also make sure VAT is waived off which would account for upto 10k INR or more depending on the model and shipping by FedEx 1-4 days should be about 6k.

Yes it's Simon form Bartletts HiFi. The only dilemma is that there is no international warranty:indifferent14:

That's a really nice mail. I like the way the guy wrote to you about your enquiry, with none of the usual marketing-bull copy/paste stock phrases. Very refreshing.

Might be never, but anyway, if I am ever shopping for hifi again in London, I know where to go!

"No international warranty, but you can ship it back to us," is slightly better than, "Warranty? Forget it!" Without a distributor here to fix it, the international warranty wouldn't really be much good anyway.

^^ I'd also corresponded with Simon when I was shopping around for my Rega DAC. He was very upfront and open about everything and did not have a problem with shipping to India, or with taking payment via Credit Card (while 90% of the people I corresponded with had issues with both). I had committed to buy from another dealer by then, or else I'd have bought mine from Simon.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back