Beasts of hifi audios

*Raj*

Here are some of renowned BEAST audio products :) :-

1. Audiolab 8200CD CD player/DAC-Obtained through my friend in London, who shipped yesterday and I got it today (in a day)..............AMAZING SERVICE THROUGH DHL
2. NAD C375BEE - Integrated amplifier purchased from Lakozy Mumbai

Using these with Polk Audio LSI9 and getting very crystal clear room filling sound with no fatigue if listened to for long hours :D. Really unbelievable !!! I could find such great audiophile products after passing major portion of my life though have been great music lover in my life. REALLY HATE MP3s now and may not be comfortable to listen in future.

Attachments

• IMG_2084_resize.jpg
    IMG_2084_resize.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_2089_resize.jpg
    IMG_2089_resize.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_2094_resize.jpg
    IMG_2094_resize.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_2097_resize.jpg
    IMG_2097_resize.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_2102_resize.jpg
    IMG_2102_resize.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 793
Congratulations Raj!

Thanks for sharing the pics and impressions

--
helium
SB Classic -> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 -> Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

Welcome Raj to this forum and great first post. What have you been using before this..>?
How much did the Audiolab 8200CD cost along with customs and duties to get it shipped to India ?

I have also heard a lot of good things about this sole product form Polk audio for 2 Channel stereo listening- Polk Audio LSI9

--
helium
SB Classic -> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 -> Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

THanx heliumflight & freshseasons
Earlier I used Denon 1910, 1911, Yamaha 667 (if I remember), all AVRs. But they are just garbage in audio terms if you listen to dedicated stereos amplifiers with good DAcs.

Audiolab costed 730 pounds plus Rs.5k duty plus Rs.5K DHL charges

:D. Really unbelievable !!! I could find such great audiophile products after passing major portion of my life though have been great music lover in my life.

Don't worry Raj now you with Music you'll be Young again:p

Nice set-up there Raj.

BTW I heard with the new firmware you can have a digital pre-amp in the Audiolab 8200CD. You can connect the CD-P directly to the power amp and control the volume through the remote.

If you can have a dealer take the order directly from India you can get 20% VAT waived off. So the effective price would be about 610 + shipping + customs.

hai raj

i just want to know...whether 8200DQ is available at london....what can be the price....im basically interested in DAC rather than CDQ...coz i listen music through PC

Congrats Raj on the purchase.. Even I was an MP3 guy, and used to download tons of music.. Now ever since I own my set up I cant even imagine listening to mp3s, it just doesnt give me the drive..
Also one small suggestion, why dont ya keep the amp on top of the cd player?? Gives you two advantages, one being the amp getting the ventilation it needs, so that it can breathe and two the cd player having a heavy object on top of it reducing any vibrations that may arise..

I have also heard a lot of good things about this sole product form Polk audio for 2 Channel stereo listening- Polk Audio LSI9

--
helium

Are the LSi series available in India? if they are who is selling them? LSi 15/25 towers look good. Has any one heard them? LSiM is their new series and was told that it is yet to come to India.......

are u aware of such a dealer?

Bartletts hifi is one big dealer for Audiolab in London. Their in store prices were slightly cheaper than online prices. You can write to them asking the possibility of taking order from India.
Last time when I spoke to them they told me they can take orders from India but their concern is the hi cost of shipping which would equal or higher the price in India. But I believe they are not aware of the Hi-fi scene in India and can get a good chunk of business dealing this way.

If ordering one I would recommend wait for few weeks until the new upgraded CD-P's are available before placing your order. The new ones have a better transformer from a new vendor which according to many has a slight improvement in SQ. The display has been changed to OLED for better visibility.

Nice set-up there Raj.

BTW I heard with the new firmware you can have a digital pre-amp in the Audiolab 8200CD. You can connect the CD-P directly to the power amp and control the volume through the remote.

If you can have a dealer take the order directly from India you can get 20% VAT waived off. So the effective price would be about 610 + shipping + customs.

I could not find any official firmware upgrade. No question of any risk until it is official. Through Dealer is very lengthy procedure and not sure shot.

Are the LSi series available in India? if they are who is selling them? LSi 15/25 towers look good. Has any one heard them? LSiM is their new series and was told that it is yet to come to India.......

Lsi series presently not available with profx, distributor of polk in India. I got this from profx last year :) I am not aware of LsiM

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back