Beginner looking to upgrade to Entry Level Audiophile Speakers

kaushikr86

Hi People,

I have attached the image of the existing system I use. I'm quite happy with it but I want to upgrade.

Can I buy speakers step by step. For example can I just buy a centre channel speaker now and use my other existing speakers and buy the front speakers later? does that work?

Can I buy speakers from different brands for my setup? I would like to play around and build my own system, is timber matching a big deal?

Existing AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-531(I don't want to change this) with sony mhc gnz888d(want to change this)

Budget: Rs 1,00,000 for Centre, Front and Sorround Speakers.

Listening tastes : 1. Movies(70%) 2. Music(20%) 3.PS4 Video Games(10%)

Listening Sources: Chromecast, PS4 and Desktop PC

Listening area : 12ft x 20ft Room

Systems already selected : Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE Special Edition 600W RMS 5.0-CH Home Cinema Speaker Set

Where do you Live : Chennai

Attachments

• sony_mhc-gnz888d_mini_hifi_system.jpg
    sony_mhc-gnz888d_mini_hifi_system.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 28
You can change speakers as per your convenience. Centre plus fronts preferably same brand. But you can mix and match if not much difference in timbre. You could look at bookshelf plus centre together since since you have a budget of 1lakh. Haven't got experience in pioneer avr to suggest matching speakers. You should wait for other FM's to suggest. Best would be to audition and decide.

Hi People,

I have attached the image of the existing system I use. I'm quite happy with it but I want to upgrade.

Can I buy speakers step by step. For example can I just buy a centre channel speaker now and use my other existing speakers and buy the front speakers later? does that work?

Can I buy speakers from different brands for my setup? I would like to play around and build my own system, is timber matching a big deal?

Existing AV Receiver: Pioneer VSX-531(I don't want to change this) with sony mhc gnz888d(want to change this)

Systems already selected : Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE Special Edition 600W RMS 5.0-CH Home Cinema Speaker Set

You better budget in a sub if 70% is movie watching. Its going to be horribly Incomplete without one. And timbre matching is important for front left+right+centre at the very least. Surrounds need not be identical as long as they don’t sound way different but its always better to have all channels from the same make and model/series.

for you setup,you can get q acoustics 3030i fronts (36k),qa 3010i (19k), qa 3090ci (16k), qa qb 12 (47k).

Hi People,

Hi Kaushik, I'm selling a descent LCR... Kindly check DM.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back