Behringer iNuke NU6000DSP

lipimanas

I am now preparing for a dedicated home theater with 2nos of DIY subwoofers using Stereo Integrity HT18D2 drivers. For the amplifier I opted for Behringer iNuke NU6000DSP.

My friend was coming from from USA last week. I managed to bring a Behringer iNuke 6000DSP in his baggage. It came to me without any problem. The landed cost was Rs. 27500.00. it is Just double its price here in India Rs. 55000.00

But the problem started after it reached me.

I bought it from Musician's Friend. Though I had mentioned for a 220v option, they had send me a 120v option.

And then the tragedy began.

Yes it has. But my assistant connected it to the 220v power supply. A brust sound came from inside. and some smoke came out.
it was a panic to here this.

I called musician's friend for assistance. They told that there would be no warranty for India.
I called the Indian Behringer service Manager. He told me to change the power supply board for Rs. 20,000.00. I was surprised to know, how that can be? without looking into the components, how can they just say to change the entire power circuit?
As the warrenty was gone, i opened it my self to peep inside. after a research, i got to see a diode is blown. i saw that there are three jumpers inside 1, 2 3. it was writen that for 230v supply, remove jumper 1, 3 and join jumper 2.

I took it to the nearest electronic shop and the guy their, changed the diode, and changed the jumper. took a test run and it worked fine with two pro JBL sub woofers.

The newly opened service centre for Behringer in India is a crap.

Last edited:
The latest high power lightweight amps like the iNuke are not traditional power supply fed amps. They have switching PS and the amp section is in built into that power supply.

I've fixed several 100 amps built the "traditional" way, but a switching amp - nope. Good job there.

Cool.
Srinath.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back