Belden Cables

There are a number of models for Belden. Are you getting premade or DIY?

Do Belden sell pre-made cables at all? As far as I know they only sell in bulk. Some local dealer may be buying in bulk and configuring interconnects and speaker cables.

In terms of speaker cables, the 5000UP that BJC is fond of is not available in India. Instead they sell the 14 gauge 8473 which is also a very decent cable. In a quick comparison I did a few weeks ago, I felt Belden 8473 was the best is terms of covering a larger frequency range at both the high and low ends. Other cables I used for comparison included Eagle, DAC and VDH. In retail, Belden 8473 will work to between 100 to 150 a meter. I was reading somewhere in this forum that Belden is available retail in raw format in Mumbai. That should be cheaper.

Cheers

Do Belden sell pre-made cables at all? As far as I know they only sell in bulk. Some local dealer may be buying in bulk and configuring interconnects and speaker cables.

In terms of speaker cables, the 5000UP that BJC is fond of is not available in India. Instead they sell the 14 gauge 8473 which is also a very decent cable. In a quick comparison I did a few weeks ago, I felt Belden 8473 was the best is terms of covering a larger frequency range at both the high and low ends. Other cables I used for comparison included Eagle, DAC and VDH. In retail, Belden 8473 will work to between 100 to 150 a meter. I was reading somewhere in this forum that Belden is available retail in raw format in Mumbai. That should be cheaper.

Cheers

venkat ji please do ping me about cable need if any
i not only have access to belden 5000UP but also the belden 1694A interconnect 75 ohm cable ( can work as analogue as well as digitial interconnect)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back