Belkin Surge Protector Blown

Rupam

Hi,
My Belkin Economy Series 4 Socket surge protector was blown yesterday. Partly it was my fault. I normally use all my equipment in surge protector and the surge protector mains cord is plugged in a wall socket.

I don't put AV on inverter back up because my inverter is not powerful enough to take the whole load. Yesterday, I mistakenly plugged in my belkin in the inverter line socket and my rotten luck, just after 5 min the power cut, triggering the inverter on.

I disconnected my system as soon as possible. But then when the power came back, I found out that Belkin surge protector is not working and If I plug it in the wall socket, the circuit breaker trips.

Are these so called Reputed brands make these surge protector so flimsy that they are blown in such ordinary circumstances? Then, what will happen if lightning strucks or there is a real current surge ?
I'm not willing to take this piece of shit to service centre which is 40 km away and waste my time.

Can you guys please tell me which surge protector should I go for? What are you using?

Thanks

Last edited:
I am using an ordinary surge protector and not for surge protection purpose but to mainly utilize as extension board for housing multiple devices. However my Denon and Pana Plasma are hooked directly to the mains.

For using a surge protector effectively you must ensure that the cumulative max current drawn of all the devices is less than that supported by surge protector. Nevertheless if you want to do away without surge protector just unplug your devices from mains before leaving home or during thunder storms

Are these so called Reputed brands make these surge protector so flimsy that they are blown in such ordinary circumstances? Then, what will happen if lightning strucks or there is a real current surge ?
I'm not willing to take this piece of shit to service centre which is 40 km away and waste my time.

Thanks

Of all ,Belkin is a good brand.
and I would be thankfull that this thing blow up instead of all other Expensive units down the line.
Think of a Helmet , that saves ones head by taking all the shock and break itself than transfer the same shock to the brain and blowing the fuse for the rest of ones life.

btw. they are the only company who gives a gaurantee in almost all of their series. Rs.15000 to Rs.100,000 - Connected Equipment Warranty

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back