Bengali Vinyl Sellers in Kolkata

Nyle86

Hi!
I am planning on building a record collection of Rabindrasangeet (Tagore Songs) - focusing primarily on 33/45 rpm releases between 1960 and mid 1980’s - solo/compilation/dance dramas/operas - keeping 78’s out of scope for now.
I don’t stay in Kolkata and will be visiting sometime in May/June 2020.
Would really appreciate some information on where I can expect breadth/variety of stock of Rabindrasangeet vinyls.
I have seen quite a few posts on Jamaluddin and his sons and their store at Kamalalaya Centre. Are they the only persons to go to? Any others sellers specializing in Bengali vinyls?
Thanks.

Hi!
I am planning on building a record collection of Rabindrasangeet (Tagore Songs) - focusing primarily on 33/45 rpm releases between 1960 and mid 1980’s - solo/compilation/dance dramas/operas - keeping 78’s out of scope for now.
I don’t stay in Kolkata and will be visiting sometime in May/June 2020.
Would really appreciate some information on where I can expect breadth/variety of stock of Rabindrasangeet vinyls.
I have seen quite a few posts on Jamaluddin and his sons and their store at Kamalalaya Centre. Are they the only persons to go to? Any others sellers specializing in Bengali vinyls?
Thanks.
Hi,
There are few sellers in and around Kamalalaya Centre near Wellington and on the main street. You'll have no problem finding them.
Recommend hitting Kamalaya shops last, once you have checked the street side vendors. They are comparatively cheaper. And be ready to bargain hard.

Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back