Stereo Hunt in Kolkata (60k)

tirthankar, congrats. would love to hear your system if I get opportunity. I am on lookout for stereo amp.

sdg: this is a little tricky, since even though I felt m12i to be a better speaker, it responds well to better amplification. So considering you will drive it with the ca, the quad may appael more. I reiterate, the quad I heard is the 11l2. The 12l2 may be much different. But I don't think the signature will differ much though.

saikat: thanks. All my components have not yet reached me. But after they have, you are welcome to come and have a listen. Just shoot me a pm and we will fix a day and time.

sdg: this is a little tricky, since even though I felt m12i to be a better speaker, it responds well to better amplification. So considering you will drive it with the ca, the quad may appael more. I reiterate, the quad I heard is the 11l2. The 12l2 may be much different. But I don't think the signature will differ much though.

saikat: thanks. All my components have not yet reached me. But after they have, you are welcome to come and have a listen. Just shoot me a pm and we will fix a day and time.

Hi tirthankar
Thanks for your inputs. You had asked me about what type of music I listen to. I hope you were trying to assess my speaker needs. Anyway, epos has upgraded its Mi range and launched elan which is more sensitive (90 dB) than its predecessor. The impedance is 4 ohms nominal and amplifier compatibility is 20 to 120 Watts. Will you please, for me, go through the specifications of elan 15 and advise whether it would technically match ca 650 combo? Elan is expected in India in 4 weeks.

4 ohms nominal impedance means they may go much lower at frequency extremes, say 3ohms. Though that will not tax the amp much for high frequencies, the lower frequencies may demand more current than the ca 650a can supply. I don't think the amplifier can drive low impedance loads well as its not rated for 4 ohms afaik.

So if you think about the epos elan the ca 650a may have to be swapped as well. You will need a heavier and pricier amp with a beefy power supply which is not current limited.

@koushik: you are welcome too.. :)

Why not go for the Marantz CD5004 and PM5004 combo at Rs 30000/-...excellent package and very good sound.....pair them with a Wharfedale 10 series if you like......

Hi,

For exactly 60 k I got Denon 1612 & Jamo C603.

My music taste is similar to yours except for Tagore.

I got the set 15 days back & have burnt around 25 hrs.

The sound is astounding! I am not good at describing the decibels like u guys but I certainly know what sounds good. Afterall I spent 4 months hunting & auditioning.

Give it a try mate!

Hi,
The sound is astounding! I am not good at describing the decibels like u guys but I certainly know what sounds good. Afterall I spent 4 months hunting & auditioning.
Give it a try mate!

This was for Tirthankar or Deba? If Tirthankar than I must tell you that he is well away from Denon and Jamo ... :)

Thanks Deba and Vishnu for your suggestions. :)

Actually I have already settled for my components as I mentioned some posts back, just waiting for some things to arrive to have the complete thing with me before I post the details of the system.

@Koushik: Thanks for your support of my purchases :)

Dont know if its one of the best speakers ever made, but yes they definitely are closer to my taste of sound than any other speakers I auditioned for the price range.
Others may have differing tastes of course. I like a laidback and warm sound but with sufficient detail, not a sound which is too lively and may sometimes be biting. But there are many who like that sound, or maybe something else, and I fully respect their views.

Its just that my needs are different.

And yes, in the end, I went over my budget of 60k, by a pretty large degree.. :eek:

Last edited:
Hi,

Give it a try mate!

room size and speaker, listener placement?

Hi everyone arpit here. :)

I have just graduated and love music listening. I spend hours on it. Recently cleaning the loft I got hold of an old Yamaha amplifier which my dad bought in the late 80's.

It is not working anymore.:eek:

Also my uncle recently got a Nakamichi reciever choose left channel output is not working properly.

My dad, uncle and I have decided to fix these, but we cannot find any reliable technician who can do this in Kolkata.

Can anybody help us out. Surfing hifivision, I found there is one named Rajesh Tanna who is an expert.

Please help us out. We live in Kolkata so any experts name & contact no will be helpful.:)

Hi everyone arpit here. :)

I have just graduated and love music listening. I spend hours on it. Recently cleaning the loft I got hold of an old Yamaha amplifier which my dad bought in the late 80's.

It is not working anymore.:eek:

Also my uncle recently got a Nakamichi reciever choose left channel output is not working properly.

My dad, uncle and I have decided to fix these, but we cannot find any reliable technician who can do this in Kolkata.

Can anybody help us out. Surfing hifivision, I found there is one named Rajesh Tanna who is an expert.

Please help us out. We live in Kolkata so any experts name & contact no will be helpful.:)

Hello Arpit,

You can contact Rajesh Tanna at 9681989906.

Regards

Vasu

No I'm basically from Nagpur from last one year my posting is in Jamshedpur. I come to Kolkata often as my company Regional office is in Park Street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back