Benq HT3050 - flashing Red LED for Lamp

@srikar2011

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I saw your posts regarding international warranty on Benq and I am planning to buy a projector on my upcoming visit to the US. Can you tell me if you have any experience or source where they have honored it? My decision for brand will be based on this as I can easily pick a Benq projector over Optoma etc.

Hi,

Compared to Optoma, Benq has international warranty and can be serviced. Especially F1 service center are friendly and help in case of any warranty issues. so you can take a call.

Regards
Srikar

Hi,

Compared to Optoma, Benq has international warranty and can be serviced. Especially F1 service center are friendly and help in case of any warranty issues. so you can take a call.

Regards
Srikar
Thanks a lot Srikar this is extremely useful..Anyways I was leaning towards a Benq or viesonic vs Optoma owing to the 3 year warranty, I will stick to Benq mostly or get a viewsonic if there is a much better value in it

Hi..I am also a Benq user and facing a problem with my W1110. Sorry for using this thread as my new thread on the didn't secure any replies..

My 1.5 year old Benq W1110 projector was working fine till last day. Unfortunately it has stopped working now. After some creeky noise the red inidcation on LAMP is now standing steady. As per manual it is "Lamp 1 error". The projector has been used sparingly, may be a maximum of 500 hours. Any idea on what the problem would be?

Product does not have Benq India Warranty as it was purchased from Dubai.

Can experts on the forum suggest a good repair shop in Cochin OR should I contact Benq India repair centre via toll free.
Does anybody have experience with Benq service in Cochin or South India?

Search for benq service centre locally. F1 is good in bangalore. If u google it .. there is a hidden menu using some key combinations that can tell u what exactly the problem is. But it is good idea to check from authorised service ppl

Search for benq service centre locally. F1 is good in bangalore. If u google it .. there is a hidden menu using some key combinations that can tell u what exactly the problem is. But it is good idea to check from authorised service ppl

Thank You for the suggestion. There is an F1 store in Cochin, but don't have any idea of their approach for non-warranty items and the general experience of users. I will pay a visit and see . Meanwhile I couldn't get a go at the key combinations, the only information available in the manual is an inference on the possible problem by matching the light indications.

Do any of the fellow members have contacts of good projector repair shops in Cochin? If so do share, it would be a great help.

If you haven't already tried, if you have a vacuum cleaner that can blow air, try to blow dust out through the grill-like opening next to lens. See if that helps.

. After some creeky noise the red inidcation on LAMP is now standing steady. As per manual it is "Lamp 1 error". The projector has been used sparingly, may be a maximum of 500 hours. Any idea on what the problem would be?
I had similar issue with Acer PJ and problem was not lamp but colorwheel.Its easily repairable.

If you haven't already tried, if you have a vacuum cleaner that can blow air, try to blow dust out through the grill-like opening next to lens. See if that helps.

Tried cold air blow with my hair dryer..vaccum cleaner dont have the same. Sadly it didnt help. I am smelling a lamp burn out. Anyways it will be clear after I take it for service.

I had similar issue with Acer PJ and problem was not lamp but colorwheel.Its easily repairable.

'Easily repairable' inspires confidence and hope:). I will keep you guys updated regarding this. It might help other Benq users too.

Get ur power supply checked too. It should not be more than 230v as they are very sensitive to voltage change

It is 220v-230v brother. Plus I am using a V-guard Voltage Stabilizer and 1KVA UPS exclusively for the projector. So I don't think of a power surge. I have not seperately grounded the projector. That is the only step left.

What was about the issue and remediation

Pre-occupied with some urgent matters I am yet to pay a visit to the service person.
Meanwhile I managed to click a few pictures of the projector inside through the right fan window (closer to the lens). I have attached the images. A lot of debris can be seen lying down and some spills on the polythene dust protector above the lamp. I didn't risk opening the top cover but these were visible from the sides.A possible lamp burn?? But with such minimal usage it is startling!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.39 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.39 PM.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.39 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.39 PM (1).jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 16
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.40 PM.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.40 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 1.52.40 PM (1).jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 15
It is 220v-230v brother. Plus I am using a V-guard Voltage Stabilizer and 1KVA UPS exclusively for the projector. So I don't think of a power surge. I have not seperately grounded the projector. That is the only step left.
The projector runs happily on online UPS . Service person shall tell u of any failure inside . Did u try switching it on again

Sorry folks for a late reply. Was out of station for a month or so. I got the project repaired yesterday. It was a lamp burnout. The lamp is changed as of now and projector is switching on:). Couldnt find time to mount it back on the ceiling and check other minute details. Will follow up.

Thanks for all the support!!

The technician advised me that my existing V-Guard SESTO 1000 1KVA UPS for the projector may not be a reliable customer. I personally also had to encounter numerous repairs on this UPS for the past 2 years.

Which is the best UPS for a Full HD Projector?
Is Sinewave a must?
APC only seems to be the available Sinewave option. But it is pricey and just has 1 year warranty and dealers are bit weary about the after sales service.
Please advice.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back