BenQ W1070 in Mangalore or Bangalore

copy pasting the instructions for Version 1.06 (W1070) and Version 1.03 (W1080ST) from another source.

I suggest that you do this only if you have an early version of the firmware and are having issues that need to be fixed. One must also realize that if you mess up the firmware update your warranty could be void

Firmware available below:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B...edit?pli=1&docId=0B_xTFybwtlbvTHFqclRLU3pBNlk.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_xTFybwtlbvU1oxdHRNcWd3LTQ/edit

106 Firmware for W1070 download link:
Zippyshare.com - W1070_F9AF_v106.img

103 for W1080ST Link
Zippyshare.com - W1080st_v103_1D6B.img

If one wants to do the update I suggest doing it using a standard to min B cable. using USB. This update cannon be installed from a thumb drive. The full instructions are in the service manual from the link above.

1. Write down all your settings before starting an update. (If you do not you will loose all your settings)
2. I suggest that you create a new folder on your desktop called 1070 firmware in the new folder.
3. Download the download tool and unzip it to the new folder.
4. Download the new separate 106 img file to the same folder from the link above.
5. .Install the download tool. It is called DLP composer. Also download the Flash Device Parameters file.
5A Copy the Flash Device Parameters. txt file to the DLP composer program file (It is under programs x86 DLP Composer on your C drive.) Use Copy and paste. The folder you want to paste this file to will be on the c drive after you install DLP composer.
6. Open the DLP Composer tool and go to edit, preferences.
7. When the window opens go to communication and set it to USB
8. Close this window and click on flash loader on the opening screen. A window will open.
8. Change the mark to Complete Image Download Put check in Skip Boot loader area Change 32Kb
9. On the top of the flash loader hit the browse button and go to your folder 106 img file.
10. Insert the USB cable in the min plug on the projector and into your computer. (Wait for the drivers to load. This should take a minute with windows 7 or 8
11. Unplug the projector and push the power and auto buttons at the same time. Plug in the projector while holding the buttons. The LED on the projector will turn red if you are in download mode (It must turn red to install the firmware. If it turns orange do this again until you only get the red led) This is very important.
12 Hit the Reset Bus and Start Download. The upgrade process should take about 5 minutes. A timer will start telling you how long it will take.
13. Do not unplug anything during the process. When everything completes the LED on the projector will turn to standby orange.
14. Unplug the USB cable and turn the projector on
15 You will have to put all your settings back in and turn source select to auto
16. Instructions are also available in the service manual PDF you downloaded to your folder.
17. Only do this upgrade at your own risk and if you are familiar with doing firmware updates..
18. You do not need the service tool to do the firmware update the firmware and write down your settings.

Please pay attention to Highlighted RED text above, which is imp and if missed can brick your PJ

rajudhs,

That was extensive coverage and I must thank you for the time you have taken. True to the spirits of many such forums as these: "guide others through the way you have traversed!". Thanks again. I shall try your links.

friends,

my benq w1070 arrived today morning without any trouble from amazone within 5 days.
I am very much grateful to this forum for this "broad vision", especialy many thanks to santy and just4kix . here are some pics taken by galaxy y in ambient light.

That's awesome !! I'm thinking of ordering from Amazon too.. What was the Import fee charged by amazon in the end ?? n ur projector arrived in 5 days ??:) Which shipping did u use ?? Free Global saver ??

That's awesome !! I'm thinking of ordering from Amazon too.. What was the Import fee charged by amazon in the end ?? n ur projector arrived in 5 days ??:) Which shipping did u use ?? Free Global saver ??

i baught it from amazon.com.
the import duty deposited withamazon was INR 16800. As per amazon policy
the excess duty deposited will be refunded if the actual duty is less.
my shipment was received through DHL and shipped by amazon.as per the statement received along shipment , the actual duty was paid INR 16230

uttam

I am a happy user of benq w1070 since last one and half month. except only 3d issue as below
the SBS 3d option can only be active when display resolution is selected 1080i at the source device. this is also mentioned in manual.
I have videocon d2h hd connection and it has one SBS 3d hd channel. as the STB have no option to select display resolution therefore the setting of SBS in projector remain inactive and can not watch 3d program.

FIRMWARE VERSION 1.07

friends please help

uttam

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back