Best 1 TB HDD with rice..

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Best 1 TB HDD with Price..

Hi
Post my acquisition Of WD TV I am planning to have 1 TB HDD
I've got small laptop 320 GB Segate dive + old IDE 160 GB which I cannot use in WDTV

Now I heard quality issues in 1 TB rives especially casing failure - that is why Im looking for 1 box slution
Please guide me with your experiences...
I am looking for lowest cost solution and really do not feel need of fancy connectivity like Sata 3 ( I dont know what it is!) ....fire wire is ok - I think my HP NC 2400 has some sort of fire wire port..

I do not want to buy HDD & Casing separately as I've heard numerous stories of external casing power supply failure....

Any cheap 1.5 TB available? I heard lot of failure issues with 1.5 TB right?
Please Guide
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi
Post my acqusition Of WD TV I am planning to have 1 TB HDD
I've got small laptop 320 GB Segate dive + old IDE 160 GB which Icannot use in WDTV

Now I heard quality issues in 1 TB rives especially casing failure - that is why Im looking for 1 box slution
Please guide me with your expereinces...
I am looking for lowest ost solution and really do not feel need of fancy connectivity like Sata 3 ( i dunno what it is!) ....firewire is ok - I think my HP NC 2400 has some sort of firewire port..

I do not want to buy HDD & Casing sepratly as I've heard numerous stories of external casing powr supply failure....
Please Guide
Thanks

bro try the seagate free agent or the western digital my book. I guess versions are available with esata or firewire.

An ddo not worry - only a few internal seagate 1 tb HDDs had this problem - the problem has been fixed now.

Thanks but I need 1 Box solution
I've a daughter who has stong affinity toward swiches & electronic gadgets :mad::mad: so need a closed drive
Therotically all the casings are same but I've hrad a large number of casing failure esp PS failes so I need a single brand solution....

Thanks again

Mumbai Buddies
Anyone know any lowest price seller - if in Vashi or on lamington road it is better!

Last edited:
WD 1TB My Book Essential Edition, is good value for money product. I have had good experience with this product. My brother has bought 4-5 HDDs over last 2-3 years and they all work flawlessly.

It does not have any switch, and normally the HDD will switch off when you shutdown the PC. In case of WDTV, you may have to put the mains off.
It has only USB 2.0 connection and if you mainly plan to use it with WDTV then firewire/ esata is not required.

The price last week was Rs. 5300. You can get from Chipcom/ Om Shakti/ Venktron etc. on Lamington Road.

Time Pass:
The original title reads: Best 1 TB HDD with rice..
You are right, 1TB HDD with WDTV, is like curry with rice. :)

Last edited:
Mumbai Buddies
Anyone know any lowest price seller - if in Vashi or on lamington road it is better!

Just compare prices from computer hardware shops at vashi and Lamington road. Sometimes its only a difference of few hundred bucks which you easily spend when you travel so far.
Don't even bother to check prices at Croma or similar stores as its usually atleast 20 percent more

Also there is Compuguide near Andheri Stn. east. Will post the numbers if needed as i will need to find their invoice to get the number

Any of the 3.5" with external power adapter from Seagate, Western Digital, Iomega will be good. I believe Iomega will be the cheapest. I've been using Seagate for years without any problems, but I've had a couple of Western Digital go bad on me.

My maxtor 1 TB works very well with WD. Its around 5300 rs now. Looks sleek and compliments the WD TV well.

Don't go for 1.5 TB now, they are quite expensive compared to 1 TB

I got 500GB for 2900 around 2 months back & WD are better than seagates which fail oftenly.

Can you please provide me the contact number from where you bought it, and does anyone know the best price with brand name for 250, 320gb and 500gb, external hard disk (500gb to be connected with wdtv). I want to buy this tomorrow, so an urgent help will be great.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Can you please provide me the contact number from where you bought it, and does anyone know the best price with brand name for 250, 320gb and 500gb, external hard disk (500gb to be connected with wdtv). I want to buy this tomorrow, so an urgent help will be great.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay,
If you want value for money EXT HDD then 1TB is ideal @5.5K. Cost per GB is lowest for 1TB. Two 500GB HDD @ 2.9K = Rs. 5.8K. And similarly 1.5TB will be costing much more than 1.5 times the cost of 1TB HDD.

Thanks.

Vinay.

I got from prompt computor,small outlet below Xplore, 65234932, 23801478

Price For 500/320/250 GB External Hard Disk To Be Used With WDTV

Hello Reju,

Thank you very much for the writing.

I agree with your reasons for 1TB, but my requirement now is different.

I will be keeping only those movies which I would like to see them again after a few months or so, the movies which I will not like or are not worth watching again, I will delete them there and then. In last 2 years I have bought around 250 original dvds but only around 20 of them I would like to see them again in a phased manner. In view to this it will take at least 3 or 4 years to fully utilize the 1 TB.

I will keep permanently the 500 gb with wdtv in my mini theatre, while 250 or 320gb, I will keep it in my living room where my 2 laptops are there, as my lap tops can store only around 7 movies, so once when they are downloaded I will transfer them to 250/320gb, so the lap top space becomes free for new downloads, once I fill up this 250/320gb, I will take it to my theatre for the transfer to the 500gb.

The price which you told me are attractive, please also tell me the price for 250 and 320gb, and importantly where can I get them at lamington road with the contact numbers, I checked the price with them, they offered me higher, please guide me by which specifications should I buy the 500gb and250/32ogb, external hard disk. I do not want to buy a bare hard disk, i want with the casing and it should be without the power adaptor.

I will appreciate for whatever you and others can guide me on this as tomorrow I have to buy it.

Thank you.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay,
If you want value for money EXT HDD then 1TB is ideal @5.5K. Cost per GB is lowest for 1TB. Two 500GB HDD @ 2.9K = Rs. 5.8K. And similarly 1.5TB will be costing much more than 1.5 times the cost of 1TB HDD.

Last edited:
Re: Price For 500/320/250 GB External Hard Disk To Be Used With WDTV

Hello Reju,

Thank you very much for the writing.

I agree with your reasons for 1TB, but my requirement now is different.

I will be keeping only those movies which I would like to see them again after a few months or so, the movies which I will not like or are not worth watching again, I will delete them there and then. In last 2 years I have bought around 250 original dvds but only around 20 of them I would like to see them again in a phased manner. In view to this it will take at least 3 or 4 years to fully utilize the 1 TB.

I will keep permanently the 500 gb with wdtv in my mini theatre, while 250 or 320gb, I will keep it in my living room where my 2 laptops are there, as my lap tops can store only around 7 movies, so once when they are downloaded I will transfer them to 250/320gb, so the lap top space becomes free for new downloads, once I fill up this 250/320gb, I will take it to my theatre for the transfer to the 500gb.

The price which you told me are attractive, please also tell me the price for 250 and 320gb, and importantly where can I get them at lamington road with the contact numbers, I checked the price with them, they offered me higher, please guide me by which specifications should I buy the 500gb and250/32ogb, external hard disk. I do not want to buy a bare hard disk, i want with the casing and it should be without the power adaptor.

I will appreciate for whatever you and others can guide me on this as tomorrow I have to buy it.

Thank you.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay,

Here are prices:
1. WD My Passport Essential 500GB Rs. 5500.00
2. WD My Passport Essential 320GB Rs. 3500.00

My Passport essential series design compliments WDTV design.
PM for contact details.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back