Best 5.1 HTIB system package under ₹50,000 (strict budget)

Think of alternatives - Yamaha 1840 for instance. Many people say home theater lesser than 2 lakhs is not going to make an impact and so soundbars and htib are the best bet for 50k budget.
I don't think that's correct. Most people here advice against HtIB. If budget is limited it's always better to go for stepwise build. Otherwise upgrade itch is going to come soon.

I don't think that's correct. Most people here advice against HtIB. If budget is limited it's always better to go for stepwise build. Otherwise upgrade itch is going to come soon.
+1 HTIB should be avoided, building HT in stages is best way but if someone want to build HT at once (like me) should buy Avr with speakers separately.

So i have decided to buy Yamaha 3072 avr with Taga Harmony TAV506v2 5.0 speaker set. Rn they are unavailable however retailers that i contacted have told me that they are getting the stock very soon. Have decided to drop idea of buying sub for now and will be buying it some time later. Should i go ahead? Any last suggestions?

That's why htib exists at about 30k to 50 k range but yes your advice is also good enough.
For 30k scenario its ok but when budget is arround 50k or above entry level denon Avr + speaker package like taga tav 506 gives much better performance.
Sub can be added later or a slight increase in budget (approx 10k) one can buy a sub too.

But its work when one want to build a full system at once which is not recommended, but still beter then buying HTIB.

hello fellow forum members. kindly suggest me the options i am having under the budget. I am aware the budget is just not good enough still i hope it will be something.

the reason I am buying HTIB is that i just don't have enough time to invest and also patience to buy few parts now and rest later. Right now i am having a very basic 5.1 system Phillips HTD5550 that only supports Dolby Digital and i will be giving it to my cousin to get him started and experience Surround for the very first time. I am guessing i will be able to make a substantial upgrade over HTD5550 in this budget.

I watch movies mostly and will be gaming with Xbox series x and PlayStation 5 so i hope the system should at least support newer Dolby audio/video standards if not Atmos and Vision and be able to bypass 4K60fps to my television if not 8k120fps. I watch movies with audio encoded in AC3 & DTS mostly. yeah torrented but also Netflix and Prime Video

My only priority is to get the best Surround Sound. *ROOM DIMENSIONS : 10 X 12*

Location-Delhi
The options that i am able to find with my research
1.yamaha 3072
2. some onkyo and pioneer. model no. forgotten

Kindly also suggest from where should i buy the product in Delhi and if i should buy from amazon only and what amount should i pay for the product.
I am also open to buying AVR alone and buying rest 5.1 speaker system of different brand. Catch is i cannot simply exceed the budget of 50k
Considering the budget, I would pick YHT-3072, it offers excellent VFM. However, you will miss out on Streaming. Always buy from a dealer, Yamaha won't honor any purchase from Amazon.

Considering the budget, I would pick YHT-3072, it offers excellent VFM. However, you will miss out on Streaming. Always buy from a dealer, Yamaha won't honor any purchase from Amazon.
I dont want streaming. I will be connecting it with my gaming consoles so wireless connectivity is not really an issue for me. Can you name a few located in Delhi

I dont want streaming. I will be connecting it with my gaming consoles so wireless connectivity is not really an issue for me. Can you name a few located in Delhi
You can always add bluetooth or chromecast dongle later.

For 30k scenario its ok but when budget is arround 50k or above entry level denon Avr + speaker package like taga tav 506 gives much better performance.
Sub can be added later or a slight increase in budget (approx 10k) one can buy a sub too.

But its work when one want to build a full system at once which is not recommended, but still beter then buying HTIB.
Can you suggest a sub within 15 k budget

Hi Aditya Thanks , but I'm unable to search with the name..if you can share me the link to buy it will be really helpful. Kindly Pm me.

Hi Aditya Thanks , but I'm unable to search with the name..if you can share me the link to buy it will be really helpful. Kindly Pm me.
Sorry for typo, Its Tsw-90t v.3.
Also sent you a pm do check.

Edit : share your other equipments and room type and size details also, its important to share them to get best suggestion.

Last edited:
Hi
The first thing to do is choose a good AV receiver.
For your budget

Denon AVR-250BT​

is a good one with nice sound quality available in yashretial online around 29k and amazon for 31k.
If budget shots get 550BT Denon.
Second thing :
Get a good bookshelf(best for stereo listening - songs) and center speaker
suggestion : Taga Harmony on hifimart 8k for fronts and 7 k for center
These total budget itself 45k
Now if you add same taga for rears will cost you total around 53k
Can add sub later

So i have decided to buy Yamaha 3072 avr with Taga Harmony TAV506v2 5.0 speaker set. Rn they are unavailable however retailers that i contacted have told me that they are getting the stock very soon. Have decided to drop idea of buying sub for now and will be buying it some time later. Should i go ahead? Any last suggestions?

In my view its the right decision.
You can always add more later.

On a limited budget, rather than HTIB, I would reccomend buying good equipment that will last, item by item, as budget permits.
This way you get a system that will last many years.

My thoughts on sequence of purchase.

1. AVR receiver + good bookshelf speakers ( theYamaha you have mentioned seems fine).
This itself will give you a massive upgrade over TV speakers.

2. A good sub, when you have the money.
This will upgrade your system from 2.0 to a 2.1 and give you most of the fun of a home thetre system.

3. A matching centre speaker, when you have the money.

4. Surround speakers. These need not be expensive.

You can space this out over months or years.

Just my thoughts.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back