Best Atmos/Dts:x Movies

I use my laptop. If you are starting from scratch it can cost you a good amount , like everyone suggest here its always better to go step by step rather than going for the cheapest one in your budget get quality Bookshelfs with a good AVR and then for surrounds and finally for atmos.

Hello all,

Since we spend so much time in discussing setting up best atmos setup according to our budget and need, I thought why not talk about your favorite Atmos/dts:x movies that you enjoyed in your existing setup.

Recently having updated to Atmos receiver, I watched a couple of movies that had atmos or dts:x sound. While some were less engulfing with hardly any overhead effects, some blew me out with their sound effects. I have ranked my favorite atmos/dts:x on the basis of 5 star ranking ( 1 being lowest and 5 being highest) to the following categories -

-Atmos overhead/height effects
-LFE and bass response
-Channel separation

So my top fvrt sounding Movies are-

5) Jurassic world fallen kingdom
Active overhead speakers- 3*
LFE/low bass - 4*
Channel separation- 3*

4) Godzilla king of the monsters
Active overhead speakers- 3.5*
LFE/low bass - 5*
Channel separation- 3*

(This movie has crazy bass and lfe. Its ideal one to test your subwoofer.)

3) Mad max fury road
Active overhead speakers- 4*
LFE/low bass - 4*
Channel separation- 4*

2) A quite place/ Gravity

A quite place
Active overhead speakers- 4*
LFE/low bass - 4.5*
Channel separation- 4*

Gravity
Active overhead speakers- 5*
LFE/low bass - 3*
Channel separation- 5*

And my favorite sounding movie which i use for demo is...

1) Ready player one
Active overhead speakers- 5*
LFE/low bass - 4.5*
Channel separation- 5*

Ps: Forgot to include John wick movies. They sound awesome and have best dynamics.

What are your favorite sounding Movies?
You watched all of these movies over a blu ray or streaming?

I use my laptop. If you are starting from scratch it can cost you a good amount , like everyone suggest here its always better to go step by step rather than going for the cheapest one in your budget get quality Bookshelfs with a good AVR and then for surrounds and finally for atmos.
For now i have Blaupunkt TS-100 towers for the TV, but I am intrigued by the surround sound offered by ATMOS. Are those Atmos soundbars any good for a bedroom?

I'm just writing without Ratings etc...
Based on my experience some of the movie I enjoyed
Quiet place - Fantastic sound mix ,It's an another level soundmix.
Terminator Genesiys - For tacticle bass response and heights Infos.
Avengers Endgame - Fantastic sound mix with good bass and heights infos.
Spider man Home coming - Initially I watched it in dtshdma sound .It was not that good.But after watching this on Auro3d & Atmos .It's on different level.
Ready Player one - Fantastic sound mix
Blade Runner 2049 - Incredible sound mix
Jurassic World - Fantastic sound mix
Jurrasic World : Fallen kingdom - It's one of the best mix for dts X codec.
Shazam : Fantastic sound mix - Superb bass.
Justice league -Fantastic sound mix - Superb bass
Mission Impossible Fallout - Fantastic sound mix
13 hours ,John wick series - Great sound mix and To feel Gunshots
Accountant - This movie has tremendous gunshots scenes which u feel that ur Room walls have cracked down.
Transformers series - Recent Atmos enabled tracks have incredible sound mix.
Incredible Hulk : To rumble ur system.
Kong Skull Island & Godzilla King of monsters - Test for ur subs .
Aquaman - Have Tremendous Bass ( To check the performance of ur subs ) ,But the heights Infos are poor.
10 Cloverfield lane - Have fantastic sound mix in the climax scenes with lot of bass and heights infos.

GooseBumps : Fantastic sound mix.
Edge of Tomorrow & War of worlds - Some.scenes will check your subs potential and HT system performance.

Are there any movies/series in AP/NF/DH or any other streaming service which have DTS/DTS HD/Dolby TrueHD/DTS:X audio as an option?
So far, I have seen DD/DD+(Atmos Lite) only on AP and NF and nothing but PCM/DD on the other streamers.

Is bluray the only option if we want to expeirence DTS/DTS HD/Dolby TrueHD/DTS:X/Atmos(non DD+)?

Are there any movies/series in AP/NF/DH or any other streaming service which have DTS/DTS HD/Dolby TrueHD/DTS:X audio as an option?
So far, I have seen DD/DD+(Atmos Lite) only on AP and NF and nothing but PCM/DD on the other streamers.

Is bluray the only option if we want to expeirence DTS/DTS HD/Dolby TrueHD/DTS:X/Atmos(non DD+)?

As of now, no streaming service supports ATMOS over TrueHD to conserve bandwidth. So, BD is the only option to enjoy real ATMOS.

Some more movies forgot to mention..
Fantastic beasts and where to find them - Lovely sound mix .
Pokemon - This movie has a lovely sound mix , especially the holographic scenes of movie has a great immersivenes ...Feels like you are inside the movie scene. And the Tortera garden scenes has tremendous bass.
Wave - Movie has very good sound mix.
Harry Potter 1 - dts X version has incredible sound mix.

Bourne trilogy has one of the best DTS:X mixes. You could feel like you're walking across the town and in vehicles during chase scenes.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back