Best available 2.1 systems for music

swift

Hi,
I'm looking for a good 2.1 speaker system within 15k INR.

As of now below is what in my options list(auditioned none).

1) Logitech z623
2) Edifier s730
3) Edifier s530

Please add any other good systems, if you know any.

To be true "Edifier" i'm hearing this name for the first time.

NO! I DO NOT WANT ANY SONY PRODUCTS:mad:

Last edited:
you can increase little your budget and go for 2 bookshelf from sonodyne or wharfedale 9...and an amp from norge..
i think this set up is better than the packaged 2.1 systems...
let the experts say..

Last edited:
you can increase little your budget and go for 2 bookshelf from sonodyne or wharfedale 9...and an amp from norge..
i think this set up is better than the packaged 2.1 systems...
let the experts say..

Yes, i considered this option too (2 book shelf + Amp) but later dropped the plan, as including a quality amp would cross well above my budget. Wont it?

Last edited:
Corsair Sp-2500 is great.
Check a JBL Pair,JBL Creature III Multimedia Speakers - JBL: Flipkart.com, Although it isn't that powerful.
And Edifier is pretty reputed, check the Edifier C-3. Also check for the Sony SRS-D8 and you could also check the F&D, F&D F6000U 5.1 Multimedia Speaker - F&D: Flipkart.com.

You could also check Altec Lansing MX6021, which have the best output in the range.

hey, i'm asking this to you since i see Onkyo 3400 in your signature, hope you are using it.

Got a chance to audition Onkyo 3400, the sales person said that when we play MP3 only the front two speakers + sub works (like, as a 2.1 system). Is it so?

Hi,

As of now below is what in my options list(auditioned none).

1) Logitech z623
2) Edifier s730

Please add any other good systems, if you know any.

To be true "Edifier" i'm hearing this name for the first time.

NO! I DO NOT WANT ANY SONY PRODUCTS:mad:

I too am looking at the Edifier S730
Where are you getting it for 15k???

For 15K consider Swans or Klipsch Promedia 2.1 also. Edifire will sound better for music than Logitech, much better in my opinion.

So, whats the current price for it now?

20K is the distributor price.
Called up Compuage infocom and got this price.
Huge price jump suddenly,when asked they said that it has something to do with the warranty.They will now be providing on site warranty for all higher end Edifiers it seems.
Also do not even compare the logitechs on the same level as edifier,they sound like crap.Look for the Swan M20 or M50 if you are more into soft,classical or jazz music.Edifier S730 is for heavy music like electronic,metal etc. and for movies.

Last edited:
hey, i'm asking this to you since i see Onkyo 3400 in your signature, hope you are using it.

Got a chance to audition Onkyo 3400, the sales person said that when we play MP3 only the front two speakers + sub works (like, as a 2.1 system). Is it so?

Yes, because a mp3 is a 2 Channel(L-R) File generally, so the sound comes only outta 2 speakers, however they are not that good for Music.

20K is the distributor price.
Called up Compuage infocom and got this price.
Huge price jump suddenly,when asked they said that it has something to do with the warranty.They will now be providing on site warranty for all higher end Edifiers it seems.
Also do not even compare the logitechs on the same level as edifier,they sound like crap.Look for the Swan M20 or M50 if you are more into soft,classical or jazz music.Edifier S730 is for heavy music like electronic,metal etc. and for movies.

20k? :O
If that's the final price, i should drop s730 out of my list:(

Hi,

Logitech z623 is very good - rivals my Pioneer SA 940 vintage stereo amp in output and clarify.

If you increase your budget a bit, you can consider Boston XS 2.1 (powered subwoofer)

I think Swan 2.1 would also be another alternative - although it could be more expensive

Athulan

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back