PravinJ

Hi,

I currently have this setup.

1. Yamaha RX V685.
2. Yamaha NS-F160 Towers.
3. Polk omw 5 for atmos.
4. Yamaha SW100 sub woofer.
5. NS-P51 Center and Surround.

I feel both NS-P51 and subwoofer is not the perfect fit for my receiver. As a first step I am trying to replace the center channel speaker. I have two speakers in mind.

1. Klpisch R-52C
2. Polk Signature S30.

Please suggest a best fit specification wise, even if there is something else good.

Thanks,
Pravin.

Since you already use yamaha for fronts and surrounds, its best to go with the same brand for timber match. NS-C444 i am not sure how good they are better check if any one owns it for feedback on its performance. Has good feedback in amazon and economical as well

Since you already use yamaha for fronts and surrounds, its best to go with the same brand for timber match. NS-C444 i am not sure how good they are better check if any one owns it for feedback on its performance. Has good feedback in amazon and economical as well
Thank you . I will check it out

You shouldn't choose a center speaker to match your AVR brand or model, because it has nothing to match with it. You should choose one which matches with the front speakers.

Although, I don't have more knowledge about Yamaha speaker series, but recommend you to choose same series of center speakers as your front.

You shouldn't choose a center speaker to match your AVR brand or model, because it has nothing to match with it. You should choose one which matches with the front speakers.

Although, I don't have more knowledge about Yamaha speaker series, but recommend you to choose same series of center speakers as your front.
Thanks. In Yamaha NS C444 is the next level center speaker. I don't think NSF160 has a matching center speaker. Let me check.

I have tried Polk T30 and currently have S30.

S30 is 2x times more in cost compared to T30 - but given an option now, I'd have kept T30. That is a good center channel. Polk CSI A6 is another highly regarded. I haven't heard it though. Also Dali Vokal has rave reviews.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back